TARC Team Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
I am currently mentoring a TARC team and they've offically stumped me. Is it okay for minors (7th and 8th graders in this case) to load their own AT-RMS casing? We're talking about a 24/40 casing and probably E or F motors. While shopping for some parts online their teacher found a site that wouldn't sell AT-RMS motors to minors no matter what the size. I think that restriction was in place just because it was online.

I cannot find in any NAR documents restricting RMS casings in this way. But just to be sure, I thought I would post this concern here.

Thanks!

-DAllen

It works like this. Minors can't buy reloads. Online order would be with Credit card paypal etc. which would require you to be 18. Oddly enough you don't need to be 18 to fly them, just buy them. I have been flying 29 and 38mm HPR for 2 years and I am 13. Go ahead and get them they won't/can't do anything :p

thanx, Ben

I happen to be a 2 year veteran competitor of TARC. This past year we used a 24/40 case ad I loaded up all of them. Being 13 at the time, I as taught how to load them, but as this is not that complex and not extremely powerful, just make sure that whoever loads up the mtor follows the diections.

The 7th graders I worked with last year assembled their RMS motors by themselves with adult supervision (either myself or a parent who had practiced and understood what was going on) for just about 30 flights.

All team members knew how to do it, and they practiced on a sacrificial reload to make sure they knew how it was done.

kj

Back