Want to work for a new rocket company?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwattles

Reaction score
I received this job posting through a military leaders business network, but I thought it might be of interest to some folks here. With the recruiter's permission, I'm posting it here. I've omitted his contact info (at his request). If you are interested in knowing more, please contact me via the e-mail link on my post, and I will pass on to you his phone number and e-mail privately.

WW
------------------------------

We are looking for Leaders!

An aerospace firm in California is seeking to fill several key leadership positions, due to rapid growth as a prime contractor to the government. This privately held, early stage company is in the business of LAUNCH VEHICLES, STAGES and ROCKETS. We are seeking world class ability or technical achievements in key 'launch' areas, such as:

* STRUCTURES [including VP Structures, Sr. Structures roles] - Show a keen understanding of launch, stages, rockets, with high mass efficiency, mechanical structures and the track record to prove it. Experience in structural deisgn and analysis of a complex mechanical product - and out to delivery.
* AVIONICS [Director/Sr. Avionics/Mgr Dynamics] - Guidance and control, electronics, loads and dynamics, vibroacoustics and shock, flight safety, software.
* MISSION [Manager or Director Syst Integration] - Systems integration experience, including: structures, avionics, controls, electronics, propulsion, main engine, guidance algorithm, etc.
* PROPULSION [Lead, possible Mgr] - Rocket engine combustion, sesign, propulsion test, etc.
* AERO SYSTEMS, INFRASTRUCTURE, ARCHITECTURE; AERO HARDWARE/SOFTWARE BUILDS

The positions are in California and Texas . The company is primarily engineering driven and operates in small, highly effective groups, where every manager is also an individual contributor. Compensation will be comprehensive and competitive!

I'm a *lousy* manager, so it's not a position I'd want to try for.

Now, if they were looking for guys to bend tin, or do wiring, or build avionics... :D

Originally posted by LFLekx
I'm a *lousy* manager, so it's not a position I'd want to try for.

Now, if they were looking for guys to bend tin, or do wiring, or build avionics... :D

Well, since managers typically need PEOPLE to manage, this company is likely going to be looking at hiring non-managerial folks at some point as well. If you're still interested, it couldn't hurt to contact them and acknowledge that you aren't the manager they are looking for, but if they are also looking for skilled and experienced avionics, fabrication, or structural workers, that you'd like to talk with them.

Send me a PM or an e-mail if you're interested.

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
but if they are also looking for skilled and experienced avionics, fabrication, or structural workers, that you'd like to talk with them.

Send me a PM or an e-mail if you're interested.

WW

Nah - I like what I'm doing now, and don't feel the need to pack up and move. :D

Latest posts

Back