smallest rocket largest engine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parrot

Reaction score
hi ive got a baby bertha whats the largest engine i can safely put in it and how high do you reckon it can go???

Stock, an Aerotech D21 or an Apogee D10 (it'll go higher on the D10).

With the D10, probably about 1200-1400 feet.

If you modify it, you could probably squeeze a G in there and hit 3500 or so...

if your really good you could make it a 38mm mount then you could get up to a good size "I" motor. of couse i've seen a estes big daddy (stock size) called "K Daddy" fly on a k185..... id say it made 10,000 feet but thats just a guess.. imagine it on a k695r...... now were talking hyperspace.

you start doing silly stuff (like putting a G in it) and you'll leave the fins on the pad. Rocksim says...1421' on a d21 and 1441 on a d10. Yeesh.

-DAllen

With out a L1 cert. with the NAR or Tripoli, you can use up to a G. With a G64, it'll go maybe 3500-4000 ft. With a cert, you can use an H73 to an H242. I'm gonna estimate 5500-7000 ft. (I'm really not good at estimating:eek:)

modify it for 29 MM motors and fly it on an apogee F10 that will go for a REALLYlong time and I reccomend using a REALY long streamer(I mean 20 feet or more):D ;)

I just built a ROCKETPAD clone of the Estes"MAXI STREAK" & that flys with a "D" motor! Man it moves! With a D12-5 I lost it in the sky for a while but it was a bright YELLOW in color and I did pick it up a few hundred feet up on the way down with the 90" long streamer. The Maxi Streak is small-only about 13" in length with a bt-60 tube. It was fun & I got it back all three flights.:)
techman

Back