FlisKits: Painting templates - Free download!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where the best place for this would be, but figured this is the forum where folks discuss their painting projects and schemes.

I have seen several of our customers create quickie diagrams of our kits so that they could experiement with painting schemes in their favorite graphic tool. This seemed like a great idea and we wanted to help our customers in doing this so we have begun to upload views of our rocket kits that our customers can download and use to try out different painting schemes.

You can get the current list of available downloads by clicking this link

This page can also be found by clicking on FREE STUFF from our main page and links to specific kits can be found in that kits details page.

As time permits I will get all of our kits uploaded but I don't know when or how fast this will happen. If you don't see the one that you want for an upcoming build, just drop me an email and I will move that kit to the top of my to do list :)

Enjoy!
jim

Terrific idea, Jim :cool: ! I confess to doing exactly that with the Thing-a-ma-Jig. Maybe we can get some of the other kit manufacturers to do likewise. I'd like to see the Richter Recker get the treatment soon, I still have to build my #2 RR :D .

That's a great idea. Makes life a lot nicer to try and figure out the scheme prior to laying it down.

Cool! Thanks Jim!

I'm one of those people who do a quick outline sketch to test out various paint schemes. And I just happen to have an Alien8 still in the bag...so you saved me some work!:D

On the Alien 8, I really like the look of the white background on the center "disk" (with the red and black decals) instead of the standard green background. I'll have to consider that when I'm ready to paint mine.

Originally posted by TWRackers
Terrific idea, Jim :cool: ! I confess to doing exactly that with the Thing-a-ma-Jig. Maybe we can get some of the other kit manufacturers to do likewise. I'd like to see the Richter Recker get the treatment soon, I still have to build my #2 RR :D .

Tom,

The Thing-a-ma-Jig (for future reference) and the Richter Recker have been uploaded and are ready for use :)

jim

Originally posted by jflis
Tom,

The Thing-a-ma-Jig (for future reference) and the Richter Recker have been uploaded and are ready for use :)

jim
Beat that, you evil vendors who don't respond to people's emails and charge their credit cards without shipping stuff for month to years! Two hours and two minutes turnaround time :D !

Udaman, Jim!

You should add the old Deuces Wild paint wrap .PDF for painting the DW per the package art.

How about the Overdrive? I've always thought of that as a great kit for a cool sci-fi scheme.

Great idea bout the Deuce paint pattern. In all 4 sizes even.

Also the OverDrive. I will look at these tomorrow.

thanx,
jim

Originally posted by Stizzealth
How about the Overdrive? I've always thought of that as a great kit for a cool sci-fi scheme.

The OverDrive is up. I included the patterns for the fin detail in that download as well for any that would want it.

Also, the 13mm, 18mm and 24mm painting masks for the Deuce are also now available.

Have fun! :)

Originally posted by getoutside3274
Sorry but I can't email from work. I've got a StarLoad that is nearly complete...

The StarLoad painting template is now available!

have fun :)

jim

Just finished my Deuce. I did something with this kit that I seldom do.....I followed the instructions and built it completely stock. Had to really fight the urge to round the fins. I used the paint mask from Jim's website. I did add a homemade decal.

Can't wait to fly it!

John

deuce01.jpg

Back