...any Quake fans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
I started with Q2, and I just got Q4 this past weekend...WoW! have they come along way with graphics.

It is a fairly easy 1st person shooter...
guns_1024x768.jpg

quake4-gladiator.jpg

Johnnie

Well, I've taken the lower picture and made a render out of it in Photoshop for GFX people... Does that count?

I used to play QIII, but that was a while ago. Now I have my friend Battlefield 1942.
Reed

Never tried Quake, but Unreal Tournament is a firm favourite here.

I was a HUGE fan of Quake 3, but Quake 4 just hasn't done all that much for me. I MAY be overtaxing the graphics card of my machine with it, but it seems to skip a bit. The progression of Q4 isn't as pleasing as the kinda plotless Q3 or as smooth to follow as Halo (which is my current favorite!)

Maybe I'll have to try installing it at work on my machine there and play at lunch.... That thing has a LOT more horsepower!

I really liked Quake and Doom (I&II). I also really enjoyed the Half Life Series - in my opinion the BEST gameplay out there.

Edward

I still play Quake 1. ;)

(And 2, but mostly 1)

Never really got in to Quake 3, I preferred UT for that type of game, and I've only played the Quake 4 demo so far.

My brothers played Q1 online, and my son still plays Q2 & 3 once in a while.

Q1 traumatised us all for life I think. hehe

I've played around a bit with the Quake 4 demo, but I'm absolutely addicted to the multiplayer mode of Doom 3. (Started playing it heavily after I finished the single player mode. That was a lot of fun...sort of like going to a scary movie every night!) Was playing games last night in between fin fillets :)

Anyway, if any of you have played Doom 3 maybe you've bumped in to me. I use the screen name of "His Father".
Craig

I started with Castle Wolfenstien and went from there:). I was heavy into doom especially creating levels. That was the best game of all time. If a game gives you nightmares and or makes you turn on the light...now thats a great game indeed. Quake was big time fun. I played Quake 2 online quite a bit. I have Quake 3 never really got into that one as I though Unreal 2 was better at that time. I havent even checked out Quake 4 yet but Doom 3 was pretty cool except for how dark it was. Man seems they wasted alot of time on the graphics that only show up in the beam of the flaslight:).

I think everyone's still mad that they can't enter IDDQD or IDKFA using an Xbox controller... :D

I've played a little bit of Quake, lots of DOOM, and the kids are trying to get me into Gears now. I think I'm too old for this stuff.

I like Quake VII but I'm from the future!

But seriously I started when CW was 2d flat, side scroller.

Ha Ha...I got you beat! :) My first computer game was strictly text based, played on an IMSAI 8080. (It belonged to our high school computer club). We had to enter type the code in ourselves (BASIC) and then play the game. Those were the days....actually, some of those games were very good and I think could still hold up even today. They made you think. Games like Lunar Lander, Hamurabi and Star Trek. One of the first games I coded entirely from scratch was a "graphical" version of Tic Tac Toe (not much of a thinking game, but a good challenge for a 15 year old to code!) Still, no one can deny the eye candy in games like Doom or Quake. They really do add to the experience.
Craig
(Sounding like an old geezer already!)

Back