Does this look like a good deal to you ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Sabre

Reaction score
Does this look like a good deal to you ? Would this be a good price for this many body tubes ?

For $27.99 + $6.50 shipping

4 BT5, 4 BT20, 3 BT50, 3 BT55, 3 BT56, 3 BT60 and 2 BT80. Guaranteed to fit all Estes etc. components. We will also include many extras like couplers, centering rings, balsa fin stock, motor tubes, etc.

image attached

Thanks for any feedback, SS

That looks like one of the parts packs that is offered by RAH.
They will send you BT stock that is the same material and diameter as the stuff you get from Estes or anyone else. And yes, that looks (to me) like a fair price for all the parts that are included.

If you want to check for yourself, go to another online vendor and do a little pricing. Maybe try Totally Tubular, or BMS, or Fliskits, or Thrustline Aero, or......

Originally posted by Super Sabre
Does this look like a good deal to you ? Would this be a good price for this many body tubes ?

4 BT5, 4 BT20, 3 BT50, 3 BT55, 3 BT56, 3 BT60 and 2 BT80. Guaranteed to fit all Estes etc. components. We will also include many extras like couplers, centering rings, balsa fin stock, motor tubes, etc.

image attached

Yeah that seems like a pretty low price.
I'd say go for it. Also RAH has very good service.

Cool, thanks for the input guys. It really does look like a great package deal to me also.

Yep, it is one of the parts packs offered by Red Arrow Hobbies.

Thanks for the comments. This site has been so great for getting me back up to speed with model rocketry, since I've been away from the hobby since 1988.

Thanks, SS

Thanks for the comments. This site has been so great for getting me back up to speed with model rocketry, since I've been away from the hobby since 1988.

Thanks, SS

Agreed! I was away from the hobby since about '86 until I got back into it in Dec '04 and this site has provided some great information...and conversation.

You might want to check out jonrocket.com, he is one of the vendors here as well. Bonus with John is that any order over $20.00 ships for free. I just ordered some replacement motor mounts, tubes, couples, and launch lugs and without buying anything extra I watched the shipping go to zero.

He carries quality stuff and he responds to buyers quickly.

Take a lookski, can't hurt.....

jonrocket.com parts page.....

Hope it helps, or at least doesn't hurt!! I know Mags and I will be doing some xmas shopping at his site!!

Tom

image attached

Definitely. I'd get it without hestitation.

Originally posted by outasight13
Yeah that seems like a pretty low price.
I'd say go for it. Also RAH has very good service.

I second this. I've always had great service from Dave.

SS,
The folks at RAH have always done an outstanding job for me on any transactions I have had with them. They seem to be people who are 'in it' primarily for the excitement and promotion of our hobby, and not just trying to make tons of money (can you even DO that with this hobby?).
For that matter, I think you can say that about every rocketry company left in this market. They are in it for the love of rocketry, and they probably know they are not going to retire rich from their rocketry income. I have had excellent cooperation and service from every single rocketry vendor I can remember doing business with, big and small. Companies like BMS, Apogee, Aerotech, and even Estes have been totally super at taking care of me and my often goofy requests. Companies like RAH, Thrustline Aero, Fliskits, Jonrocket, Roachwerks, and many others have also shown excellent customer care, and I can't say enough good things about any of them.
Heck, I even had good service from Totally Tubular!
I think you will have great service from just about any of our vendors that you choose to do business with, because these are consistently the same great kinds of people that aren't happy until YOU are happy.

(turning off the sap valve now)

I ordered that very package a few months ago and it is a great value. Easily worth the money.

Back