Nice! Read This! This is what it's about!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great article, thanks for posting it. We definitely need all the positive PR we can get. The author seemed very 'rocketeer friendly'.

Jeremy

But why leave this world when you can hang out with a bunch of nerds and play with rockets in the middle of the desert?

No desert down here mate ;)

If I ever go to the USA ill be sure you got hang out with the nerds in the desert playing with rockets (LDRS one day maybe)

That is a great article.

What people fail to understand (esp the gov't sometimes) is that the citizens of this country are its greatest resource for innovation and scientific advancement.
Yes security is important, but not at the sacrifice of innovation and the ability to think, dream, and create.

Great article and a wonderful way to start the day with a cup of coffee! :)

It's not just online, it's on the FRONT PAGE of the New York Times, right below the big picture. I'll scan it.

Here it is, full color photo on the bottom of the front page just below the story about the Buffalo snowstorm.

This is INCREDIBLE publicity.

Originally posted by BARX2
So, are we a cult or a subculture? ;)

thats my problem with the article. why are we being described as a cult? the rocketry communkity no doubt is a "subculture" but we are not a cult ...why not use club?

and i hope the avearge liberal NY Times reader knows the difference between extreme rocketry and being an extremist...

All people may see is cult <->extreme......

In general the bulk of the article context is positive

terry dean
nara 16158

That is a very good article, the person who wrote it should be awarded a rocket kit and some motors ;) ,thank you Wik for posting that link so others can read it.
There was no reason for rock_it to have to pull that link from the original post. That is the best publicity ive seen in an article (I dont read much :cool: ), it might even make a few BARs and some new people to the hobby all together.

It is publicity, but is it good or bad? We weren't out out as 'dangerous', but I don't think they were flaunting any safety records.

Upon reading this a second time, I learned that the Space Shuttle was propelled by APCP, which I did not know. Interesting. Imagine the Space Shuttle on a Skid. :D Anyone know what motor classification the Space Shuttle would be?

Note: only the strap on boosters for the shuttle are AP, while the main motors are LH2/LOX.

The boosters are each an AD11520000 (with AA coming after Z, then AB after AA, etc).

Back