ah, Houston, we have a problem...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This is cross-posted from rmr...
...I simply could NOT resist...

Check out this link

Comments are, of course, most welcome... Somenone on rmr suggested this would be a great candidate for a caption contest LOL

One caption suggested was "FlisKits comes out with the "ACME Lunatic Lander"

LOL
Go for it

(oh, and just incase the link goes away, I have uploaded a copy of the image. This is a product for sale (no joke) :p

jim

"Thats gonna leave a mark!"

or

"Keep going....keep going....keep going...There ya hit it!" (quote from my dad giving help to his dad backing up a truck once)

or

"Franklin put the 'This End Up' sign on upside down again!"

The new engineers have no idea how to achieve the docking manuever between the new CEV and the LEM. Since there are no Apollo-era engineers around to assist, NASA is being forced to re-invent the wheel. Here is what they have come up with....

I had to look at that one twice before I realized the problem. OMG!

In the context of the other posts directly preceding it, the connotation could have been taken either way and I don't see where the Wikipedia article even in reference to the original picture refutes the idea that a double entendre of that nature was intended.

The truly amazing thing is that the page has been up since June!

Other captions:

I knew I shouldn't have left the instructions at home!

Some REassembly Required.

If we assume this is a model of the Apollo 10 vehicles...

Charlie Brown tries to break Snoopy of a bad habit.

Think about it. :p

What about?

-- Turn your head and cough

-- Apollo 1,110 (use Roman numerals)

-- (from the LEM) Whew, that was a rough one!

Ever get the felling EVERYONE is smarter than you? OK, I give up, what's wrong with it?

its supposed to look like this
docked.gif

Originally posted by funnyjeremy
Ever get the felling EVERYONE is smarter than you?

Apollo is yet another piece of modern history that our wonderful schools simply do not teach. You were born too late, that's all.

When the astronauts went to the moon, the Saturn V stack included the command and service modules at the top (the conical part, and the cylindrical part). The LEM (lunar excursion module) was stowed beneath a fairing, ahead of the upper Saturn stage, and was empty at launch. The command/service module portion had to separate from the front, pirhouette, and re-dock with its nose in the roof of the LEM so two of the three astronauts could transfer to the lander.

Those of us who lived through those times (and worshipped the astronauts) just have this stuff memorized.

LEM pilot "Ok, now where the heck did I put that comman module?"

or

Neil: "Houston, the eagle has landed"
Buzz "Neil, tell them WHERE you landed"
Neil "I'm not telling them where. YOU tell them where..."

:D

O.K rocketry history just got alot more cornfusing to me but it must of been one of those "You had to be there" times. :(

Originally posted by rocketguy101
did you mean Apollo 30?

No, I was going for something completely different, kind of like the recent cinematic masterpiece "XXX" But I got in a hurry and messed it up.

Ya know, ever since those danged new-fangled computer thingies took over, we stopped using Roman numerals at work-

Back