3" Upscale Estes Goblin Build Thread With PICTURES!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket Guy 1317

Reaction score
Well here it goes my second attemp at a built thread. I started this project a while back but I was using an odd size piece of 3" tube that would have required me to turn my own NC and cut custom cr's. But I got lazy and set the project a side untill now. When I desided to order the parts I need from BSD/Just Rockets to finish this project. Also the fins I cut myself. At the request of Wolfstar there will be a lot of pictures.

First pictures is all the parts. The BT has not been cut to length yet.

Second pic is the BT cut to length. Note the glossy BT in the back ground that is the odd size 3" tube.

I LOVE the Goblin! I built a 4" upscale that I've been flying since 1999. It's been wrecked a couple of times, but my original build report can be seen here:

4" Goblin Construction Report

I've flown it on a variety of 29mm motors, from the F40 (underpowered) to the I200 (wow!). Here's a pic of the I200 flight (at NSL 2001):

goblin_nsl2001.jpg

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Dave1

Thanks Lucas, Hogan3276, WolfStar, and Skylinkdave for the comments. Great looking Goblin you built Skylinkdave.

First two fins being tacked in. I used the angled aluminum to make sure the fins with a lined across from each other.

The parts list:
Airframe: 3" BSD BT
Nosecone: 3" BSD
Motor mount: 38mm LOC motor tube
Centering rings: 3 BSD 3" - 38mm
Fins: 1/8" Baltic Birch Ply
Recovery: 36" Top Flight Recovery parachute
Epoxy: NHP 12 minuter with milled fiberglass added

Parts I still need:
20' of 1/4" tubular kevlar
Decals (any one know where I get 2.3x upscale goblin decals)

Back