After 15 long months...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwattles

Reaction score
I finally have a job! I start this next Monday at Raytheon as a Planner/Scheduler working on one of the subcontracts to build some of the electronic suites for the San Antonio Class amphibious assault ships.

It took 15 months of searching, interviewing, waiting, and not building any rockets (the hardest part of all), but it finally is ending. Technically, it's a 6-month contract, but 3 weeks ago, one of the other Planner/Schedulers who was on permanent staff quit, so my position is likely to become permanent to replace her.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well in my search, and a double measure of thanks for those who offered support and assistance!

WW

Congrats...now maybe you can upgrade that ancient machine you use to view this place.

Congratulatory dittos! It's funny, I built a bunch of rockets when I was looking for work but haven't done anything since I got the job!

MetMan

Originally posted by wwattles
It took 15 months of searching, interviewing, waiting, and not building any rockets (the hardest part of all), but it finally is ending.

Funny, when I was out of work four years ago it was the perfect excuse to build more rockets...

The not building rockets thing was mostly because it's pretty darn hard to explain to your wife why you are spending money on rocketry supplies when she's having to scour the newspaper for coupons just to be able to afford groceries. Even a $5 pack of Estes motors looks expensive when it equals the same cost as a day's groceries for 2 people.

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
Even a $5 pack of Estes motors looks expensive when it equals the same cost as a day's groceries for 2 people.

Hmmm... That's tough...

I used to live in California and, with the prices out there, would have been hard pressed to buy a day's groceries for $5.

Guess on the positive side, under the same circumstance, I may have lost some of these extra pounds.....

Outstanding WW!!!! Can't wait to see what you are going to show up with at the launches now! Congrats!:D

Congrats on your new job.

I can't imagine being out of work that long - it would either drive me nuts, or I'd never go back!

Congratulations, ww! When I was out of work some years ago, it drove me crazy, so I know it can be hard. Glad to hear you've found a good position!

Congrats! I know what it is like to look for a job for months and months and find nothing. Congrats on making it through 15 of them! :)

jim

Back