secret santa 06

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41 participants already...and thanks guys, for sticking to the format...not one was done incorrectly...you dont know how much time that saved me. lol. anyway, we've got 1 participant from the UK so far, we need more for that to work. also, i forget from last year, what was the verdict on shipping to canada? i think i consulted with countdown and got a quote in the 20's, but i forget...anyone who shipped to canada last year, please contact me via PM...thank you.

Didn't we have a couple of British vendors participate last year? That could make things much cleaner for our UK members if we could purchase through them.

count me in :D forgot to do it last year :( I think this will be fun :)

thanx, Ben

Remember...it's better to give than receive...so whoever gets my name better give me something good! Just a little pre-Christmas humor (very little). Both years I've gotten great gifts. Lots of fun.

I'm in!

I'm in! As soon as I run it 'by' my paents... Excuse me, run it 'through'... forcefully.

Fliskits shipping to Canada is very reasonable (a couple bucks more than US shipping, if I remember correctly). I doubt a $10 or $20 package marked "gift" would get stopped at the border. It'll probably just get sent straight through without any additional charges to be paid by the recipient (I'd pay them anyway, for a rocketry Christmas present). Hope I can be included.

Originally posted by chalinaty
.... I doubt a $10 or $20 package marked "gift" would get stopped at the border. ....

Actually if the value is less than 20.00CAD, then there is no additional charges. If more than 20.00, then a 5.00 brokerage fee and taxes would be due.

As for marking something less than the actual value or marking something a gift when it is not, is something you should not do.

And please use the post office to ship to Canada. Very reasonable rates. Couriers charge an arm and a leg.

E-mail sent, I'm very Excited! I love Christmas anyways so it's definitely nice to incorporate rocketry into it!

Jeremy

Originally posted by sunward

As for marking something less than the actual value or marking something a gift when it is not, is something you should not do.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone should do anything illegal. The actual value should be stated on the package. This is a Secret Santa "gift" exchange, though, so marking it as a gift is okay.

I'm far removed from building and flying rockets, but it sure is fun to be a part of this gift exchange. I'm in!

I'll probably sign up later (yeah, I'm lazy), but what if there is an odd amount of people?

Originally posted by Flamboyant
I'll probably sign up later (yeah, I'm lazy), but what if there is an odd amount of people?
It never happens ;) WE are in a perfect world remember ? ;)

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by Flamboyant

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe it matters if there is an odd number of people. We are not pairing people up. We are assigning everyone a person to send a gift.

I have not worked out the math... it is supper time and I am hungry.

correct...here's an example...say we only have three people sign up

person #1- joe
person #2- steve
person #3- barry

joe-steve
steve-barry
barry-joe

everyone gets a gift...everyone gives a gift.

Not to be picky, but I really don't want Joe as a gift.

Then again, does Joe like to sand and fill balsa?

65 participants...all emails have been processed so far. about 1 month until the drawing...

one more thing...for those of you who were wondering, i simply do not have the time this year to do confirmation emails, so what im going to do is post the final list about a week before the drawing...if your name does not appear, you will be asked to re-send your email, and contact me via PM to work it out so everyone gets a fair deal. anyway, i'd give that process about 2-3 weeks to unfold. in the mean-time, stay tuned.

Back