ROSCO's Monthly Launch Oct 7th & 8th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
ROSCO, (Rocketry Organization of South Carolina at Orangeburg) NAR section #648, will be having their monthly sport launch Oct 7th and 8th.

This time of year we have the best flying weather possible. The temps have come down so we don't melt in the heat, but it's plenty warm enough to have a great time. This month is shaping up to a great monthly launch. We have 2 people that will be going for their L2 certs and large skidmark motor. (I can't remember if it will be a M or an N motor)

I personally will fly a few rockets. My normal "cancer killer" on a "G" motor and LOC expeditor on a K240. And several others if I can find enough time in between my Senior Advisor work.

Come down to good old Oburg and fly some rockets with us.

I'll be there. I'm planning on flying the Groove Tube on a H999 and some smaller stuff. Jack Orr should be attempting his L3 on a big Hypertek motor.

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
Jack Orr should be attempting his L3 on a big Hypertek motor.

Oh man, I totally forgot about Jack's cert!!! That means we will have (2) L2 and (1) L3 certs this weekend.

I'll be bringing my new mad dog...Luna-Tic for it's first flight tests. It is entered in the,as big as you can get in it 54mm motor drag race at Mid West Power 4 later on this month. I will be using a K-700.So far 19 entries, ought to be quite a show seeing that many 4in. rockets go at once!

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Oh man, I totally forgot about Jack's cert!!! That means we will have (2) L2 and (1) L3 certs this weekend.
Who are doing the L2's?
See you there!

I'll see you Sunday...not sure what I will bring down with me yet...I have a new "Halloween" theme Rocket but I am not sur if I will get it ready by the weekend...

Hello all,for those that dont know me,I am Jim Scarpine.A few buddies and myself started Tripoli NC in the late 80's.I will be attending this launch with a few of my fleet.I have a Loc Ultimate going on a cluster of 2-H238s and one H-220(man I love the Blue Thunder) I am also bringing my Starleopard,a scratch-built 7.5" monster going on an AMW M2200 skidmark.For those who have not witnessed a large Skiddy before,you are indeed in for a treat.I am also bringing a friend,who hopes to do a L1 and L2 cert.I cant wait,its been almost 2 years since I have flown.see yall Saturday.

Jim Scarpine
TRA1377
Cert3

My son and I plan on being there for Saturday...got some motors to burn before 10/10... :(

Pockets of good weather came and went and a few lucky rocketeers were able to take advantage of the great weather at times.

Had a great weekend. Looking forward to joining the ROSCO crew again.

Jack's Level 3 flight was tooo cooool. I can't get that roar sound out of my head.....no joke!

Thanks again ROSCO!

Westy

Way to go Jack!!!

We were supposed to come down - but the way it was raining in Charlotte, we thought there was no way the launch was going on...

Glad to hear Jack got his flight off.

Back