Very Bad News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Folks, I've been delivered some very bad news. My father has been recently diagnosed with unoperable, terminal bone cancer, at the age of 65. He recently retired from United Airlines and this has taken the entire family by surprise. While a definite timeframe hasn't been given, it's anticipated that he will pass within the next six months. He's also on the west coast, while I reside here in the midwest.

This coupled with my knee replacement, next week, and my wife's internal surgery on the 30th of Dec, is facilitating some decisions.

More to come . . .

AK,
You and your entire family are in all of our prayers. Please, keep us posted.

Ed and Kelly

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your dad, ak. I'll keep you in my thoughts too.

Our best wishes to you and you family AK. I have two fathers in hospitals and rehabs right now, It's no fun (one shattered hip one with a bad heart)
Seems its a bad time for fathers... hope all works out ok.

If you need a place to stay even if you are passing through, on this end of town, I always have room for more!

AK - you have definitely been dealt a very tough set of circumstances. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Godspeed to you in this most trying of times.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. You and your family will be in our prayers.

I am sad to say that I know a bit about what you are going through. I lost my mom this past July to cancer. It was very sudden.

Spend the time you have left wisely and cherish the memories. No amount of words can adequately express my condolences.

Wow, absolutely terrible news Troy. So sorry to hear your family is learning of such things. Prayers and regards for the well being of your family during this tough time. :(

Please just say the word and we'll do whatever we can do.

Add me to the list of folk who will be praying for you and yours.

I will be praying for you during this difficult time. I will tell after losing my father, I wish that I had spent more time with him. Make this Christmas something to remember.

Troy,

So sorry to hear this. Let us know what we can do to help.

Steve

Troy,

I will add your Dad and your family to my list for prayer time.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know

-Dave

Troy,

Keep us posted and know that you're in our thoughts and prayers. Call if you need to vent :)

jim

When it rains it pours?

Jeez dude, that's raining, pouring and hurricaning all wrapped up into one. Best of luck to you and your family.

Well folks it’s with a heavy heart that I need to press forward and make some personal, life choice decisions, first and foremost relates to my father and his impending death. It’s important for me, personally, to be there as much as possible for him prior to his passing.

Unfortunately, as things sometimes happen, this comes at a very difficult time. On Thursday I have my second knee replaced (won't be able to travel) and at the end of the month my wife, on the 30th, my wife has inpatient surgery. In addition, I was supposed to commence my PhD on the 4th of January. In addition to, as some know my son’s health issues.

For these reasons and many others, I have decided to transfer ownership of TRF to our own Troj. I know in getting TRF back on it’s feet from last year I’ve achieved a personal accomplishment to keep this site up and running. Now as I move on, I’m confident that Kevin/troj can take this forum to another level.

I’ll continue to remain on TRF as a moderator, and hope you’ll join me in supporting Kevin in his pursuits here on TRF.

Thanks to everyone for their support over the past year . . .

Folks, I've been delivered some very bad news. My father has been recently diagnosed with unoperable, terminal bone cancer, at the age of 65. He recently retired from United Airlines and this has taken the entire family by surprise. While a definite timeframe hasn't been given, it's anticipated that he will pass within the next six months. He's also on the west coast, while I reside here in the midwest.

This coupled with my knee replacement, next week, and my wife's internal surgery on the 30th of Dec, is facilitating some decisions.

More to come . . .

Very upsetting new AK:
Our preyers will be with you and your family during the time ahead.

Kick back, take it easy, get the knee replaced, and take care of your wife and family, Troy. Real life, personal needs, and family all are much more important than rocketry.

-Kevin

Back