Interchangacle altimeter bays

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
I suspect the answer I will get...but here goes.....

I have just built a 4 inch diameter ebay for a cardboard sided rocket, i

I also have a 4 inch diameter fiberglass Rocket

Can i use the cardboard 4 inch ebay in the FG rocket? Do you know of anyone who has?

I suspect the answer I will get...but here goes.....

I have just built a 4 inch diameter ebay for a cardboard sided rocket, i

I also have a 4 inch diameter fiberglass Rocket

Can i use the cardboard 4 inch ebay in the FG rocket? Do you know of anyone who has?

Maybe not; it depends on how much you intend to push the fiberglass rocket. I’ve had rockets break at the coupler using even phenolic.
However, if you line the coupler with fiberglass or build a fiberglass avbay, you could use it in either provided the fit is good.

I went to using a 3D printed drill guide last year that would make swapping av bays a lot easier. I chose creating easily swapable sleds instead. 2 eggtimer quantum Wifi altimeters and an eggfinder TX GPS will fit in a 54mm coupler. No switches required!

20180516_052641_HDR.jpg

I thought you were going to ask about swappable sleds. I started doing this. I've since went to one sled and one av-bay for each rocket. It costs more to buy the multiple altimeters, but it makes the flying so much easier.

Back