Saturn V Kits availability

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What manufacturers have flyable Saturn V kits available?

So far as I know, there are

Dr. Zooch
Estes
Apogee
Sirius

I can't find the Peter Alway version. Google search indicates these were available from BMS but they do not show up on their website.
Sheri's / Red Arrow is gone.
Polecat has no stock and their web site indicates they do not know when more inventory will be available.
And of course the Centuri & Cox versions have not been around for decades......
And Steve Eves never came out with a kit version of his :wink:

Any others out there that I missed???

Thanks

Does anyone have some shots of the Polecat Saturn? The description they give on their site is quite vague and shows nothing about any features. Rather dismal description for $800.00 worth of cardboard and fiberglass. I'd expect to see much more.

Does anyone have some shots of the Polecat Saturn? The description they give on their site is quite vague and shows nothing about any features. Rather dismal description for $800.00 worth of cardboard and fiberglass. I'd expect to see much more.

[video=youtube;1EaS5LgTzpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EaS5LgTzpw[/video]

This might be a build thread?

https://sojourner.me/?page_id=43

What, already thinking about your next? ;)

[video=youtube;VVrLD2A5X_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVrLD2A5X_Q[/video]

If you want to be really scale accurate use long burning motors on the outside & a fast burning one in the middle... On the real Saturn V they cut out the center F1 ~30 seconds early to reduce flight stress - at that point the rocket was basically an empty shell, so its TWR was a bit excessive.

I just picked up an Estes one for about $70 on eBay. Looking forward to building it! I'm launching it with an E15W-4 to get some nice billowing clouds of exhaust.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

That is a customized polecat Saturn V next to my wife. Was a really nice kit if you were willing to put in the time, and machine the finishing touches. I really need to pull it out and fly it again...

hZZS2_ZD47SEAQTPLMEOvRoAn8ZdNp6g1NpMKj_zNMyBFTYGgFaU9wO_SLPoVbxLQhU2gTDPdZGjS4bYosRXZsdKZiYGDTaHUF-YPS7LQQWg_VBP4y7Vnp3ojlkwwXKpYhZvCLo1YBOcGzS2i_1MeW2_l4h81d40_5IP86omZYNewEmk8kjSaRv5PZMmRX4ZVCCPNS2SCqp4Sir6nbjNvovqnlXWjwhepGSXZyOLw47j0UWy0ODItxlrOz-BEj637hzWeyFmVAjBPM9yyhbQ4XRoDnW1zrglTaZ9O0X7BmHXYqpQ1JbpVXXzZyan4HtiTpW6DhgyJHzj8DHgcspu0gE_QYX7JnJynM0jEBuWbwquOyJ5ImZyoKQv_QzIeZwT_QKlDHuSaH25HorW7HB0ol6HXz4A_NXZgJfzlQvH3feYTvSQlxk6IKuHSly4-x-pbNgFBoz7rGM4tdIAJssrG6czuulrjfJV0n8zSlekl6kUAbGeWtla0ReQoQ0XcqDpWou3g4U73-v9BKBPsuu3A3_JqIE-OUnkIpRw7aX3yN2JTzzZpxjQ24N0kwwmhJvIAOuTAXi2T3QeLjkufpKgdnz6DD1UQA_yjxdYFAPP5Nc=w768-h1024-no

imagejpeg

Last edited:
Back