L3 rocket for a friend

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketeer Gator

Reaction score
Soon I will be starting my scratch L3 build dedicated to a friend that passed back in May.Originally my plan was to spread some of his ashes by attaching a canister to the drogue SC so when it deployed it would pull a lid off and dispense the ashes,after some thought I wanted something I could give to his widow after the launch instead of an empty plastic 35mm film canister.What I would like to have made is something like a large blast cap but with a 1/8" thick oval flange base(2 holes either side to be bolted to bay plate),and 3-4" in height.I also would like to have some engraving* done on the side of the canister.Anyone that has the capabilities to make something like this or know where I could have it made,please post or PM.

Ty:
Chris N.

* Fly High Brother
Mark "Bam-Bam" McConnell
8-27-1961 / 5-24-2012

You could try Eric of BaddAzz Rocketry. I know that he has a machine shop.

PM sent(can't send the jpeg in PM's :confused2:),basically what I'm looking to have made.This isn't scale by any means but cylinder would be 1.25" dia., .125" wall,height 3", base 2.5" wide oval by .125" thick.Bolt holes .25".
Bam-Bam cartridge.jpg

Thx Eric this is perfect and is much appreciated...We sure hope you can make the launch to thank you for work!!
CIMG8557.jpg

Latest posts

Back