Cutting Fiberglass Cloth

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to post a thread asking about this!

Thanks!

Matt

Well done! Your technique takes it to a whole new level. Heretofore, I've always just pulled some off the roll and cut with scissors. One look at the outer seam of my carbon/kevlar covered Levithan and you can see the results of my poor workmanship with the fabric. I've made a commitment to get a rolling cutter now and raise the bar of my technique.
-Ken

Thank you, for the very informative video. Those damn strings are now a thing of the past.

Nice video, John.

Rotary cutters are the cat's meow for cutting fiberglass and CF, that's for sure!

-Kevin

Thanks for the video John, and especially the tip on pulling one strand to get a uniform center line when cross cutting the cloth! :cool: Greg

Nice video, John.

Rotary cutters are the cat's meow for cutting fiberglass and CF, that's for sure!

-Kevin
They work well for cutting ripstop nylon too. Work well for about anything, used them to cut out squares for my cornhole bags too, and that was thick duck cloth. Cut's your fingers pretty well too. And don't ask how I know.

Back