Centuri - Python Fighter (#5358) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
CenturiPythonFighter.jpg

The Python Fighter is one of those rare Centuri birds built using Estes parts. I picked up several of these cones in an Ebay auction several years ago, and previously built the Estes Manta Bomber and Attack Craft Orion, both of which are kind of sister ships to the Python Fighter due to the unique cone. Gordon at Excelsior provided the decals. The upcoming Estes Asteroid Hunter has a cone that is close to this one, but from an all new mold.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Python Fighter Bill. Now that the new N/C can be had it will make cloning one of these easier. I wish Estes would offer the N/C individually along with the new "Odyssey" style nose.

Welcome to the Centuri Python Fighter (#5358) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri Python Fighter (#5358) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Python Fighter: #5358

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Python Fighter (#5358) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Python Fighter Also known as:

NUMBER: #5358

Introduced: 1983
Final Year: 1983
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 14.875"
Diameter: 0.876"
Span:
Weight: 1.25 oz

Mfg. Description: Futuristic space fighter design. This short range support craft is based on large space carriers. Quad mounted laser canon and force field defense. (Centuri 1983 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-python%20fighter%205358-1983%20cat.jpg
1983 Catalog

Face Card(s)

centuri-python%20fighter%205358-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

centuri-python%20fighter%205358-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Nice Python Fighter Bill. Now that the new N/C can be had it will make cloning one of these easier. I wish Estes would offer the N/C individually along with the new "Odyssey" style nose.
I picked up the Sci-Fi nose cone pack from Hobbylinc. Considering that you can build an Odyssey, a Python Fighter, a Vindicator, a Xarconian Destroyer and a Centuri Spacemaster, it's a great value.

I remember when I wrote that reply, Estes did not offer the 5-pack sci-fi nosecones at the time. I am glad they do now!!

Back