PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

dixontj93060
1st December 2009, 02:48 AM
O.K., I gotta riddle for ya!

Take a look at the ARTS2 data graph below and tell me what you're seeing. I flew the altimeter, and even it took me a minute to figure it out. (Hint: this is from a two day launch two weekends ago--altimeter hasn't been flown since. Data downloaded tonight.)

Just to make it interesting, I have a modest prize for the winner (i.e., first one to respond with the right answer).

The EGE
1st December 2009, 03:14 AM
What are you looking for to be explained?

bobkrech
1st December 2009, 03:32 AM
Looks like you crashed it and the power disconnected, and because of the power interruption you didn't overwrite the remaining old data.

Bob

dixontj93060
1st December 2009, 03:34 AM
Hmmm... If you have to ask, you probably won't get the answer. But, for instance, velocity rising, falling, rising, falling to start with...

What are you looking for to be explained?

dixontj93060
1st December 2009, 03:35 AM
CORRECTION (was answering a PM and got mixed up on which I was responding to): Power was disconnected upon crash. Old data happened to be approximately the same altitude on apogee.

Bob, PM me to claim your prize.

Looks like you crashed it and the power disconnected, and because of the power interruption you didn't overwrite the remaining old data.

Bob

NjCo
1st December 2009, 03:46 AM
Weirdest EKG readings I've ever seen. You better see a doctor FAST!!!! :)

MarkII
1st December 2009, 05:03 AM
No, it's a polygraph... Someone's got some explaining to do. ;)

MarkII

Handeman
2nd December 2009, 01:50 AM
Looks like accel was negative most of the flight. Altimeter in upside down?

BsSmith
2nd December 2009, 04:01 AM
Lawn dart?

bobkrech
12th December 2009, 05:40 PM
CORRECTION (was answering a PM and got mixed up on which I was responding to): Power was disconnected upon crash. Old data happened to be approximately the same altitude on apogee.

Bob, PM me to claim your prize.
Tim

Thanks for the prize. I received it yesterday. The 36" chute will go to good use.

Bob

powderburner
13th December 2009, 08:10 AM
I thought it looked like the other pictures of my mother that they showed me.

Oh, they're coming to take me back to my room now...

MarkII
13th December 2009, 09:31 PM
I thought it looked like the other pictures of my mother that they showed me.

Oh, they're coming to take me back to my room now...Or something that was found on a refrigerator door. :duck:

MarkII