Battery Holder Options

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
I am working on improving my altimeter bay. I have a missileworks RRC2??? It's the version that the battery is attached to the actual altimeter. The picture below is how I have the battery installed. The two small bolts on either end are to prevent movement from the acceleration and deccelereation. I want to find a battery holder that will handle the G's of the launch and will allow me to change out batteries quicker. (right now I have to take apart the whole altimeter sled to change the battery)

Any ideas??????

The best 9V battery mount I ever found also came from Missile Works. I purchased the RRC<sup>2</sup>X and it came with this battery mount. I'd highly recommend trying one. I've not found this style sold anywhere else.

Originally posted by MarkABrown
I'd highly recommend trying one. I've not found this style sold anywhere else.

Mark, would you happen to know the dimensions of the holder?

Randy,
It's about 2.125" long X 1.166" wide X 0.8" high. All in all, its just a little bit bigger than a 9V battery by itself. It fits very easily on the sled for my LOC 3.9" electronics bay.

I will get one and try it out. I am using a LOC 3.00" electronics bay..........

Back