New L2!!!!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Yes, ladies and gentlemen........ I did it!!!!!!!

I got a 100% on the test and then started prepping the rocket. I took me about 90 min to get her ready. Around 2:00 I went out to the pads, but they were full. So I had to wait for the next round, which added to the nerviousness..... Then around 2:15 I got to put her on a pad........ Away she went on a Pro38 J285. It was great!!!!!!

And to top it all off....... There was a guy there who was writing an article for extreme rocketery!!!!!!! He took pictures of me setting her up on the pad and all the info about the rocket, motor etc. and then he took pictures of the actual launch!!!!!!

marvSRG, glad to have met you...... sorry I didn't get a chance to really talk to you. By the time we talked...... the sun had fried my brain...... I left before your flight..... I hope it was a good one......

I have two pictures for you guys..... The first is of the "rocket girl" holding the rocket right before I went out to the pads......

Major congrats man!:cool: Now its time to open your wallet a little wider!:D

Awsome!!!! great work. Now it is time for some BIG rockets :D

Congratulations Randy! What a great achievement! Be sure and print the liftoff picture out and frame it. Of course, if you're featured in the magazine, buy a second copy and put it in a shadow box or something like that. Commemorate the moment - you'll brag about it forever!

Kudos Randy!

Gotta love that Pro38 J285. I used the same motor for my L2 cert at LDRS this summer. You just can't beat the simplcity of the Pro38 motors for high-power certifications.

Once again , congratulations and start saving your money for the big motors!

A BIG congrats to you on your L2 cert...sounds like you had one GREAT day for it and I hope you got good pics...it's something you'll never forget.

Once again, well done!

Carl

Originally posted by CTulanko
I hope you got good pics...it's something you'll never forget.

Well, I didn't get any pictures of the actual launch. Our Prefect Tom Binford aka "Rocketjunkie" usually gets some pretty good ones.

Plus I think that guy with "Extreme Rocketery" got some.... (I hope)

Back