"K" launch in Amesbury

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrogers

Reaction score
Tentativly, I'll get the Mega-Nuke off on the K950 by the end of flying season ( Have the rail, and the rocket is in the process of repair )

Looks like Amesbury will see it's first ever "K"

Joel

K's are sooo cool:D
I'll never forget the first K launch I ever seen, I believe it was a K560. don't forget to take tons of pics:)

The K950 is an awesome motor! My favorite is still White Lighning, but the super tiger is amazingly loud. At my first launch, I had the opportunity to se a K550W and a K950ST. It was tough to pick a favorite. Here's a pic of the K950ST.

cool, I dont know how I missed this thread before. anyway, I hope it is any date but the 6th. That is the launch I wont be able to attend because of school :(

Anyway should be cool :)

Rocket has been 100% repaired, have to sew the 2" wide tubular nylon harness and I will be ready

Looks like the 18th of October will be the day

Joel
L2

Why don't you launch in cherryfield? After seeing my IQSY Tomahawk drift into the swamp, I do not launch anything over an E or an F, unless it is in my Forte'. It is so big it will not go very high. I will be launching my Deltie (A3-4T), Deltie Thunder (D13-3, Dueces Wild (2 C6-5), Forte' (F20-4W), my two staged scratchbuilt rocket (D12-0 to an E9-8, and then maybe a D12-0 to a D12-3) I built to replace the eliminator I lost in cherryfield on an F21 (That was a good flight), and a 3 mini-motor cluster that I whipped up today. I always launch my more complicated low-power rockets at amesbury and my big ones in cherryfield. there are too many swamps to land the rockets in. It is very hard to get a big rocket to land in the field. cherryfield saves me that bother. Anway, see you tomorrow. By the way doug, would you mind helping me wire my 3 motor cluster? Thanks

One of these days I'll make it to Cherryfield ( too far a ride for just one launch ) I'll need a few BIG motors for Cherryfield.

Joel
L2

I think it is well worth the ride. I have a 3 hour ride, that is OK for me. what would it be for you, 4 or 5 hours? it really is worth it if you have big motors. I will be launching my mach buster 1 on an I161W, then an H242T, then an H123W, then maybe a G64 to close it off. it will be a fun day!

cool, I may be there. They launch Ks in Halifax all the time. Ms too.

If I get a rocket built I may fly a K but I really want to try one of those Blue Baboon motors. I happen to have a kit coming tommrow

How can you be sure it is coming tommorow? did you get overnight shipping? I can never tell when anything will come. Right now I have 4 things in the mail, all were shipped a week or so ago, none have arrived yet. oh well. another week of waiting will not hurt.

Simple I am buying it off a friend who sells kits. I dont know if i will get it now....The Frontier launch is cancelled :(

Hehe. sorry. you can never count on anything coming, nomatter how simple it may seem. just proves my point. when are you going to get it, then? what kind of rocket is it again?

Cherryfield is roughly a 5 to 6 hr ride for me ( slightly shorter than Geneseo NY )

whhooowheeee! that is a little while! just come up once a year for the big launch, and spend the rest of the year going to small launches that are closer, while working on a huge rocket for cherryfield. works for me.

Back