L1 attempt

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerbs4me

Reaction score
well ever since I started building on my scratch 38mm mmt crayon, I've been pumped about getting my L1:D, so next weekend I'm gonna go for it. I'm gonna use an H153. I f I am correct I need to be 21 to get an leup, so since I'm only 20, I might as well go for it:) wish me luck:)

What took you so long?
Too many irons in the fire?

Get after it man.

thanx guys
the decision of getting my L1 was kinda spontaneous, a few weeks ago I finally decided to go for it. I was chatting with mid, and he said to use my PML Tiny Ptreo on a H128, so I will go with that decision, and I'm sticking to it:) now all I need is the skys clear on launch day, thanx mid for the help.

Originally posted by gerbs4me
I'm gonna use an H153.

Good luck dude, that is the same motor I used in Jan 2003 to get my L1 with my ISP Caliper. Great little motor.

Best of luck to you!!
I'm sure it will all go great. Don't forget to give us a complete update after you cert! :D

-Janet

well tommorro is the BIG DAY!!!!!
I'm so pumped, the weather is supposed to be great:)
I'm hoping there is no wind

Good luck to you Gerbs....we'll all be thinking of you tomorrow

WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!

Good luck, buddy! Make sure you have someone else take the pics...you'll be shaking too much! ;)

Well, Gerbs . . . today was the day and we haven't heard yea or nay from you.
What's the Hap, Dude?

good luck Gerbs.....are those combat trained ninja gerbs going along for the ride? just kidding....hehehehee

shockie B)

sorry about the delayed report
well I didn't get my L1, I lost the rocket in the corn.
before I attempted the cert, I fly the crayon on a G80 for its maiden flight, man what a cool flight, but the parachute didn't deploy it hit the ground pretty hard, LCO got a kick out of the name "Pinky the flying crayon" once I repaired it, I gave it a shot, I used a H165 redline, what a cool motor, it was one awesome launch, went up to about 1700ft. the NC somehow fell off, the bulkhead was ripped out from the NC. but the rocket drifted into the darn corn, luckily my dad was with to help search for it , he also took the pics, I was too shaky. but I will try again for the L1,and I will succeed in getting my L1.

Good luck man. I am thinking of getting my Dad a LEUP and L1 and then I will be all set :D

Sorry to hear that Gerbs!! Keep it up though! You'll get it!

Sorry to hear the bad news Gerbs.....

But on a happier note...I just read on the TQC...they found your booster and motor intact in the corn yesterday:D

Bummer, Gerbs,

How did you attach the bulkhead to the nosecone? Were you bonding the plywood to the Ralphco plastic? That interface can be tricky to bond.

SSWWEEETTT!!!!!
this is the best news ever:D
before I epoxied the bulkhead in I sanded the plastic, then put quite a bit of epoxy on. so I'll just epoxy it backin and attempt the cert again.:D

I certified level 1 and level 2 with Crayon rockets. I am confused as I did not epoxy the nose bulkhead in place. Mine are friction fitted so that I could adjust the weight of the nose by adding clay. I used the 36 in crayon for level 1 on 29mm and the 54 in crayon for level 2 on a Pro38 J285. Just got my level 2 at LDRS22. You can find pictures at https://members.cox.net/shortckt4 Look in the rocket fleet under other, then Crayon. Good luck with your L1, keep trying!

Welcome to the Forum Mike!

your webpage is great. I am looking at my crayon bank right now. :D

Back