The L3 journey has begun

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocwizard

Reaction score
I now will finally unveil the much anticipated (i hope so at least:D) level 3 project. It is a 2.5x upscale of a PML Matrix! It is designed with a central 98mm mount and 6 outboard 38mm mounts. All pre-construction documentation has been completed. My dad and I are now awaiting aproval by our L3CC member Greg Lawson. Construction will begin shortly. Planned cert flight will hopefully go on an M2000 redline (hypertek M1040 is funds are low ;)) Proposed launch date is ROCstock XX next Nov. You guys can see all the rest of the info. on my site. (https://ericsrockets.netfirms.com)

I hope you guys like it!

Let me know what you think

Dude - that's gonna be awesome! I've always loved the fin design of the matrix, and I can't wait to see the upscale take shape! Good luck, and have fun

Loopy

P.S. At least in my book, I'll list this as "highly anticipated"...lol

I just visited our site and saw the upscale Matrix proposal...I hope it works out well for you and want to see build progress!!! :)

The Matrix was one of the first PML kits I ever bought (the second one I think) and is a good flier. Very unique in fin design, it will be interesting to see the upscale.

Good luck,

Carl

Yesterday at at ROC's august launch I picked up some parts!!!!:D I got all the components for the nosecone assembly. First off, I must give kudos to PML, the nosecone is a work of art! The NC is being fitted with a 4" tube running down the center to provide some payload space for noseweight/ electronics. the end cap will then be able to be bolted in place to seal everything up.

all parts seen in pics are dry fit, nothing has been solidly assembled yet. pretty soon it will come together though.;)

Nice...thats gonna be a great rocket. Nice job on the payload!!

good idea rocwizard !... it seems like the payload in the nose would give you alot more breathing room in your design and make things that much easier ..I'm gonna remember this idea when I do my L 2/3

Latest posts

Back