Umm, Moderator, Where Did My Post Go?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawacs

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, where did my EZI-65 mod post go? It was here earlier and was also here after I posted the last reply with updated information and now it is gone.. The post could not have been deleted by myself by mistake since I checked it twice after posting the last update.. Very weird indeed and I would love to hear the explanation:)

Sawacs

Btw, the title of the post was "Well, It Started Out As An EZI-65"

The large pictures were being discussed. Inserting pictures directly into the posts like you do (using the IMG button) kills the download time of the members with dail-up. They are forced to download the image whether they want to or not. If you get tagged as a member that puts large images in their threads the dail-up users may not visit your threads. This hurts your chances of getting answers or suggestions from these members.

We strongly suggest that you use the HTTP button instead of the IMG button to post a link to your image or use the Attachment feature of the post screen. We won't keep you from using the IMG button but the dail-up members may not view your threads. And we have quite a few members with dail-up.

The thread is back, sorry it took so long to get it back out there.

Milo, thank you sir for the swift response.. I really had no idea and had even wondered why after initially posting a message the image showed up as a link instead of an image like it originated as.. I understand now and will no longer use the "img" button..

Thank you, Sawacs

Dail up users can use this option in their profile :

Show image attachments and code in Posts?
Selecting no will show a hyperlink instead.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!!! I guess when you're not a dial-up user (like me) you don't go searching for these features. I apologizes for my ignorance of this setting.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Huh. That must've been one of the new features they added the last time you upgraded Milo. I don't remember seeing that option in the past. Sure is a great feature though.

Back