High Power drag race, well, sort of...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketfreak

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

At our club's last launch, my friend Marcus and I drag raced our Loc IV rockets. It was almost a joke... I flew mine on an E28-4T and went about 450 feet up. Marcus' has a 54mm mount in it and was flown on an Animal Motor Works K670GG. His is all glassed and carried a G-Whiz LC Deluxe 400 accellerometer. It gained an altitude of over 8,000 feet. It was coooooooool :cool: The film does not do that motor justice. I was using a Wal*Mart single use camera and it just didn't do right. Oh well, it was still awesome in person! I've got to go back to work now, just let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

-Chris H.

Actually, dude, I think you won! At least two out of three! I think the rule is: First motion, Lowest Altitude, Last to ground. You probably won first motion and lowest altitude. BTW, Great Pic!

Jason

jetra2,

You're right, mine did light slightly faster than his. I thought it was higher altitude wins...oh well, more victory for me hehehe. Thinking about the whole thing really makes me laugh though because of how pathetic mine was but its cool since I won in your rule book.

-Chris H.

:D - from Marcus

Hey guys,

Me again. I went into Picture It Express on my computer and attempted to enhance the picture and it came out quite well by simply sharpening and darkening it. I did this in order to enhance the flame and smoke that's hard to see on Marcus' K. The flame still isn't the best, but it looks better (just a little darker)

-Chris H.

Hey Chris,
Your picture looks pretty cool but it's too bad it's not yours. Saw you post and sat there saying" Wow, that really looks like my rocket, WAIT IT IS!" It is actually a picture of my (Eric) and my friend, Todd drag racing OUR Loc 4's, both on F- 50's. This was at our local CATO club launch in Conn this past September. You can check out the CATO rocketry website(link below) and see the actual picture for yourself. Nice job on the picture editing though...

CATO Rocketry- https://www.catorockets.org/cato66/cato66.html
- The picture is on the 3rd row from the top

Ok, you found us out. I was using a friends computer to make lightsaber efects and Marcus said "hey, we could make a rocket motor picture" so, we did. We wanted to do a drag race and happened upon your rocket and thought hmmmmmm.... After a bit of tweaking we finally got it to look pretty good. After Marcus added text it was off to the forums... We were gonna tell eventually...:D

-Chris H.

Originally posted by rocketfreak
Ok, you found us out. (snip)... We were gonna tell eventually...:D

-Chris H.
Uh huh...if you got caught. :rolleyes:

Back