M Success!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyfire

Piled Higher and Deeper
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this weekend, I entered the ranks of those people who fly M motors :D Together with my friend Chris Lam, we flew our 6" diameter 10' tall 40 lb rocket This End UP on an Aerotech M1419W. It flew perfectly to 11,121 feet (per RRC<sup>2</sup>) at about 950 fps (per ALTACC). We had perfect dual deploy on the way down, with the main appearing at 1000 feet, on cue. I'm jazzed to say the least :cool: . I've attached a rather crummy photo of the liftoff -- this was taken from video. The good photos will be back from the developer sometime next week. I'm also working on getting some video up on the web.

Now we're debating what to fly it on next. :)

daveyfire, that is absolutely beautiful.. I have never seen nor heard anything bigger than a d engine fire and am really looking forward to it.. The flames in the photo look like the real thing, not a model rocket..

Congrads, sawacs

Congrats Daveyfire!

If these are the crappy pics, I can't wait to see the good ones. :D

Way to go!!

nice job!!...from the pictures it looks like the rocket has a perfectly straight flight

Ahhhhh......... "M Power" !!!! Now that is the definition high power rocketry.

Congrats, DF........ LDRS 22 would make a good backdrop for your next "M" flight.

Great pics, too.

Swimmer :D

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. We're thinking of doing an EX full M motor next time... heh heh heh. I've posted video here:

This End Up Video

(Requires Windows Media Player versions 7 and up, high speed connection recommended though not required).

Enjoy!

David,

Great flight bro...it was a really cool movie!!! The M1419 is a perfect cert motor and is what I used for my L3...it's a real show stopper.

Once again, well done and thanks for sharing the movie! :)

Carl

Latest posts

Back