Armageddon L3 with hypertek

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miekisiak

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like to buy L3 Armageddon rocket and y would like to flight with K240 800cc Hypetek, it's possible ??
I think that the engine is a little bit just that think of it you?

my web site : my web site

i work actualy to built altimeter with pic and GPS.

thanks for your answer and sory for my poor english, i'am french...

I would be very concerned about flying that rocket on a motor with only 240N average thrust. I'd be afraid it wouldn't get moving fast enough to be stable off the launch rod.

I was all set to agree with Kermie until I went out to the DG&A Rocketry Website. Their website lists a stock built L3 Armageddon kit should weigh between 15-20 lbs. If that is true, then using a 5:1 thrust to weight ratio, you would need a motor producing 100 lbs of thrust for a safe launch. That puts the motor in the "I" range! I don't think I would try launching on an "I" but, theoretically, it is possible. Everything really depends on the final build weight though. Since the kit comes with a 76mm motor mount, I say go for it. If the rocket comes out too heavy, stick a bigger motor in it. :D

I just found something else that may be helpful. Check out this link on ROL. They are discussing what the max liftoff weight should be while using a RattWorks K240 motor. The same should hold true for the HyperTek motor if the thrust curves are similar.

ROL Thread: Max Lift weight of RattWorks K240

I second kermie's opinion
I have had experience with not enough thrust to keep it stable. that rocket hasn't flown since.

Watch out... the RATT K240 and the HT K240 are completely different animals. The K240 is barely a K, 2% if I recall correctly. The RATT K is almost a full K, ~85% ish. I'd be worried about flying anything over ~15 lbs with the HT motor or the RATT motor. I'd say go with an Earthquake/Hammerhead L motor. I love the L625!

HTH.

hello all and thanks for answer

I have already flight with a rocket skyraider of 7.5" and 19.8 lbs with a hypertek k240 800cc, and that flew well even if the height was not very big. I thought that he(it) it's the same if I build light with the armageddon.

David

Armagedeon is a pretty nice rocket and I saw one cert at NSL this year on a HyperTEK M...I don't think a K240 would have gotten it off the pad.

Good luck on your project and keep us posted. Welcome to the Forum and remember, pictures, we really like pictures! :)

Carl

Latest posts

Back