Hyperteks in Rocksim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this file. I'm not sure if I have all of the combinations for the "L's" and "M's" but, it's a start.

Hi Mark. Could an F motor be used to launch the Aerotech G-force? It's been a little difficult getting G's. I was thinking a F with a short burn duration that would provide a good initial push off the pad. What'ya think, huh, huh??? thanks:D

My NCR Phantom 4000, which is VERY similar to the AT G-Force, flies EXTREMELY well on F50-4T motors to around 500 feet.

Jason

Thanks Jason.
Man it's been difficult getting G engines. F20's seem to be everywhere.

Originally posted by airforce
Hi Mark. Could an F motor be used to launch the Aerotech G-force? It's been a little difficult getting G's. I was thinking a F with a short burn duration that would provide a good initial push off the pad. What'ya think, huh, huh??? thanks:D
Having no experience with the AT G-Force, this is purely speculation on my part. My advice would be to enter the rocket and motor combination that you want to fly into Rocksim and run the simulation. Then check out the flight details of the sim to see what the liftoff speed is when the rocket reaches the end of the rod. If you get anything over 40 ft/sec, I'd say you're good to go. If it is less than that, look for a motor with some more oommpf!

Gee thanks Marko.
If I had this Rocksim I would do just that. I thought you had it.
Yep, I was trying to get something for nothing. See kids it doesn't work.:)

Okay, contest question.....What size of an F motor would it take to launch the Aerotech G-Force (say 2lbs) safely.
The winner will receive a valuable prize!!;)

Let the answers flow.....:kill:

Airforce,
You can use the demo version of Rocksim to run the simulation. It comes with all the "F" motor combinations that you'll need, I think. I'm sure that someone can provide you with the Rocksim file for the G-Force if its not already included in the files and not available on EMRR.

F20-4W is a bad choice for the G-Force.... they don't have much umph.. and are mid range F motors. Use at least a F25 on calm days, F40 and above would be better.

Thanks for your replies Brothers.:D
Now I sound like Hulk Hogan.:kill:

Back