Level 2 cert at NSL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman248

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This weekend was great. When I went to NSL, I brought my Public Enemy Extreme Performer. I hadn't really planned on flying it. On friday, I got to my uncle's house and he told me he had a J-350 I could use for free! So on saturday, I took the test and got a 100%. The weather was too bad to fly anything. On Sunday, I launched a few things. Then I looked at the time and it was 4:30! Only a half hour left in the waiver! So I said I would do it on Monday. Then they said it was extended to 6:00. So at 5:15, I started prepping. At 5:50 I put it on the pad, loaded the two Quickburst ignitors, armed the altimeter, snapped a pic and walked back. Then I ran to tell Carl that I was gonna go for it. After a countdown, the motor ignited immediately and kicked the 8 pound rocket absolutely straight up. At apogee the drouge came out. It came down to about 1500 feet and the main came out. It drifted really far! When I got to it, everything was perfect and the altimeter was beeping out 3,094 feet. I then watched NEPRA club President, Drake Demareau, get his level 3 cert with 5.5" Armageddon on a hybrid M.

When I got back, as Drake was filling out my form, he said that we both get new wristbands! They had different colored wristbands for each cert level. I got many congratulations and handshakes and such. You should have seen Drake's Armageddon fly. 4200 feet. It landed about 40 feet from the pad!

All in all, it was a great weekend. Check out the thread about NSL in the Events section.

Here's a pic of me at the pad. Be warned. It is the worst picture of me ever. I was sunburned, my hair was messed up and I was squinting because of the sun. Don't look at me, look at the rocket.

Congratulations. Level Two opens up a whole new world of options for you; although L powered reloads are often overlooked as a mere stepping stone to L3, these motors have truckloads of power to play with. Have fun.

Congrats man! that was a great flight. I can't wait untill the Day I get my L2

Great job!!!! Oh yeah, nice looking bird, very nice.

bmhiii

Congrats Nick!!!

Sorry i missed it! :(

and as for how you looked.... the weather was so miserable, we all looked pretty rank... LOL

I was there and have to say Nick did a picture perfect flight of it...a Level 2 well earned!!! You guys shoulda seen it...that's all I can say...except...

...ya couldn't pull the smile of his face with a bulldozer!!! Great job once again Nick!

Carl

Congrats Nick...I must say it was a perfect level two certification...a nice straight flight:)

I hope you like the pad I gave you:)

David

Back