American Spirit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
I mentioned my American Spirit in the Clustering Composites posting. I decided to start another thread to post videos and more pictures as the bird is flown.

April 19th, 2003, the AS made its third sucessful flight with a cluster of 4 G35-7W motors, the largest (but 20 n/s shy of my most powerful) cluster to date.

Video of American Spirit with 4 G35-7W's.

At NSL, I plan to launch her with a cluster of seven G35-7W motors, lofting two altimeter, and sporting a dual deploy configuration :D... More vids to come! :)

very cool Doug, and very patriot:)
I can't wait to see more pics:)

Doug,

Great looking rocket!!! Love that paint job!!

bmhiii

That's a really nice paint job Doug! I saw the video of it flying on the H and 2 G's on your website, can't wait to see it on 7 G's. I have yet to see a cluster of more than two D motors:( . I should build a cluster model someday:) .

That looks like the old LOC Ultimate kit. I've been wanting to build one for years. About 12 years ago, I saw someone fly one with a cluster of two F50s, four G80s, and an airstart H180; that's 880 N-sec!

Sharp Eye!!!. It is an Ultimate.... but after a sep and lawn dart, I replaced a large section of the rocket. I used my Ultimate to gain my level 1 cert with a H97 back in April 1999.

Back