I finally got my L1 Cert!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman248

Reaction score
It has been a long wait, but I finally got my cert. I've had the rocket and the motor since October. The two November launches of my club were both cancelled because of the weather. So I had to wait all winter.

Yesterday(april 27th) my club had it's first launch of the season. This time my dad was going for his cert too. We both loaded up the motors (Pro38 H153s), and headed out to the pads. They launched mine first. Great boost, apogee, ejection, noooo!!!! My nosecone separated! No cert this time. My dad's flew perfectly. After we retreived the rockets, the club president said he had another H153 load that he would sell to me. So I loaded up again and this time everyting worked perfectly! I am Level One now!

I also launched my Deuces Wild for the first time. The RSO didn't know what to think of that. My best flight of the day was my all fiberglass Hawk Mountain Raptor 29mm minimum diameter rocket on a G35 econojet. This is the perfect motor for this rocket. Not real fast but really high. It just keeps going. My guess would be about 3,500 feet.

Of course I have pictures so don't send Vinnie and Tony. Here's the website.
https://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4106582

Nick DeBrita
Rocketman248
NAR 81410 L1
:D

Oops! I never said what rockets we certed on! My dad used a Binder Design Excel Plus and I used my PML Tethys.

Nick

Nick,

Congrats to you and your dad on Level 1 cert!!!

By the way, great pics!!!

bmhiii

This is just to get a little more traffic. I know I go straight to the posts with the paper clip. This is my Tethys on the H153.

congrats!

I got to witness 3 cert attempts at Whitakers (for the very first time). A L1, L2 and a L3.

While not into HPR, i gotta say the emotion present was *TANGEBLE!*

I can only imagine how proud you must feel!

Originally posted by jflis
congrats!

I got to witness 3 cert attempts at Whitakers (for the very first time). A L1, L2 and a L3.

While not into HPR, i gotta say the emotion present was *TANGEBLE!*

I can only imagine how proud you must feel!

Well, Jim...

If you had a Saucer with a 38mm mount...

Patrick

Originally posted by Rocketman248
It has been a long wait, but I finally got my cert. I've had the rocket and the motor since October. The two November launches of my club were both cancelled because of the weather. So I had to wait all winter.

Of course I have pictures so don't send Vinnie and Tony. Here's the website.
https://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4106582

Nick DeBrita
Rocketman248
NAR 81410 L1
:D

Way to go Nick!!! Now work on that L2 before the BATFE takes over the world!

I took my L2 written test last Saturday, passed :D Now I'm just waiting for a J285 Pro38 from Performance.

Good job, now upscale that Duces Wild for two Pro38s :p

Patrick

I got to witness 3 cert attempts at Whitakers (for the very first time). A L1, L2 and a L3

Jim,

I had never seen a certification flight before this weekend. There were about six or seven cert flights at this launch. One person did level one and two in the same day. The LCO certainly knew how to make people very nervous before the launch. He would talk for what seemed like ages, asking how our heart rate and blood pressure was. After a succesful flight, he would say "Welcome to high power. Open up your wallet."

In all, it was a very fun launch. The coolest was DPatell's "Lost in Space." A 24mm minimum diameter rocket on an F101T. To say that thing went fast and high would be an understatement. That little thing took off like a bullet. Right into the clouds. Then someone saw it land right over at the high power pads. No damage at all. Nice job Dan!

Nick DeBrita
Rocketman248
NAR 81410 L1

Nick,

a HUGE Congratulations out to you for a job well done bro!!! Glad to see it all came together and you got some good pics too...now time to break out the wallet! ;)

Carl

Way to go Nick...... Good job!!! Glad to here you guys did so well.

Congratulations!!!!!

Cutt~

Great job! Now, let me give ya lessons on how NOT to design a L2 rocket! ;)

Nick, congrats to you and your Dad!
I just got my Level 1 certification too on April 19th and it is an awesome feeling.
I certed with the exact same rocket that your Dad did...the Excel Plus from Binder. Cool!!

-Janet

Nick,

Congratulations go out to you and your father. It must feel really great for both of you to have certified.

That's the spirit. Fix the problem and go for the certification again. You will find in this hobby there are a lot of people to help when you have a problem, whether it is making a motor available, providing an igniter, loaning a case or parachute.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Back