Black Brant X part 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocwizard

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I still have yet to get a digital camera, so no pics, but I can give you an update on the construction of my PML 4" Black Brant X!

As if it didn't already sound like i had modified the design enough, i decided to modify the design some more!

Originally, i had had PML lengthen the 54mm mount to 25" to accomidate an Aerotech K1050W...
... But after i had covered my tubes with a layer of Kevlar sock and 2 layers of 6oz glass, i felt that only giving it a K1050 i would be depriving it of much deserved POWER, I made the decision to upgrade it to a 3" motor mount big enough to take an M1315!
Today I recieved some more parts i had ordered for it; some 1/2" bulheads, three beautiful fiberglass couplers from Hawk Mountain, and lastly the second of the 2 Rocketman R9 pro-experimental chutes acting as the main.

Lastly, the first "shakedown" flight will probably go on a mid to full K and then at BALLS this year I want to put it up on a NASSA M2500!

Back