Look what I just got!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman248

Reaction score
I'm kinda new at high power and I have been putting off investing in motor casings. They always seemed so expensive. I kept seeing casings on ROL auctions but I never went for it.

Then two days ago I saw an auction for the whole line of 38mm casings(Dr. Rocket) with three sets of closures and one seal ring with an opening bid of $200. So I went online and found out that the same set new goes for over $500! Score! So I put in a max bid of $275 and today I won!

The 360, 480, and 1080 cases have never been fired. The 240 and 600 fired once and the 720 3 times.

He sent me a pic. Sure do love dem red cases!:)

Rocketman, I'd say you da man with the power.
Looks like you got a deal.:)
Randy

Good job there! I got my 38mm case set back in 1997 for $130 (discount local dealer Ken Finwall) and those cases have been flying non-stop since. Hmmm... three sets of closures... three stage... J570W --> J350W --> I284W sure sounds good :D

I know the feeling :) I got my RMS 29/180-240 system package for $20. Those cases have seen A LOT of use.

Back