My New Loc HyperLoc 835

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aadamson

Reaction score
It's just getting started. First thing I do is always capture them in RockSim if I can't find the Rocksim somewhere else.

Actually I took a bunch of pictures of the bag of parts, but none of them turned out well, and I've started building already.

I'll be adding some more pictures tomorrow of the construction efforts.

Plan is to build this *light* so I can fly it on everything from the Hypertek 300cc, 440cc, all the way up to the 835cc tank.

That should give me a range of I's to K's... We'll see if I can pull it off. The fincan isn't going to be foamed, but I'll add inside and outside fillets.

Cross your fingers...

My new project - LOC HyperLoc 835

Alan

Pictures are up...

Tonight, I took pictures, cut and finshed 29mm propellant, filleted the top CR on the 54mm MMT and glued in and tightened the ebay shockcord attachment screw-eyes.

It was a busy night.

Updated Pictures

Alan,

Man, that is one KILLER rocket bro!!! Very nice, especially the 54mm HT mount. Your pics were very cool, showing the quality of components very well. Looks like you are having a ball!!! :D

That's the best part about winter...ya can build like a maniac! Keep up the fun and keep us posted.

Well Done,

Carl

Thanks Carl, yeah, I had to kill half the winter with building a rocket lab in my basement. I'll take picture of that too at some point. Problem now, is I don't want to build in there cuz it's too nice :)... Oh, well, details, details.

Actually most of my winter has been having fun building propellant. I've got green, red, blue, white, red, black smokey, and I'm working on an orange right now.

I decided tonight I'm going to film one grain each burning at night and post the videos on my website :)...

That will be fun..More photos tomorrow on the LOC!
Alan

Yea, I know, I'm a slow builder, but when you are making propellant. Overhauling another rocket and building from new, you have to spread the work.

Anyway, a few more shots of the ebay coming together, and the CR's glazed, and a 4th CR added to the MMT..... And of course some sparky propellant in the background :)

Alan

More Pictures

Tube are all glassed... Learned about it about that. You use a roller to roll the tube wet, then the same roller to roll on the glass... But here's the magic. You then roll on a piece of very tight peel-ply right over the top of the glass. it acts as a dobber to soak up a little expoxy, but more importantly, it's amazing what the glass looks like when done.

I used 3oz on this as I didn't want the weight of 6. This is a hybrid rocket and I want to keep it light.

Also got the fins beveled and vacuum bagged with the trusty foodsaver :)...

Alan

More Pictures at the end of the album

Back