Mach 1.5 Fatboy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocwizard

Reaction score
Who wants to see a Fatboy go 900+ miles an hour?! I know it isn't an original idea, But as for the fatboy I picked up the other day, I decided that it needs a 38mm motor mount! Few people have pushed their Fatboy to this extreme. so far, all I have done is hack off the base of the nosecone. The tube will be glassed with 2 layers of 6oz glass. Somehow, I with do the same to the nosecone. The fins will need to be custom made out of G10. I am definitely going to fly it on some f, g, and h motors, but there will certainly be a few I435T and I366R flights. I cant wait!:D :D

Hmmm, from California, eh? With a dry lake bed you might even get it back :D

My sentiments exactly! I've got one that I've flown with 29mm's but DANG I hate chasing that little thing! It is kind of an eye catcher though - as soon as they announce a Fat Boy on an F40 or something of that nature just stops to watch. I can't decide if they're shaking their heads because they are amazed or that they feel sorry for me and my chase:p

sorry. That would be......everyone just stops to watch.

Long day!

Shane

I fly out in Lucerne Dry Lake bed, site of LDRS XX. I have all the roon all ever need to chase the thing. I just hope there will be enough room for a Rocket Hunter transmitter onboard. In stead of trying to stuff a chute in there, I think I am going to use Rocketmans Kevlar streamer since the thing is going to be built like a tank.

Matt- as far as the BBX goes, not much construction has happened unfortunately. I have all my glass, kevlar, and carbon, but sadly my two gallons of epoxy got put in a storage container about 2 months ago when my family moved. Our new house is not yet done, so I will have to wait till the end of March approximately until I get it. majorly bummed!:(

Back