Favorite HPR Pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
I love this pic, it was taken a few years back when HyperTEK just came out with the Drop Stem assembly. Oscar Valent of Star Rocketry and his son Scott where beta testing the new assembly, and my Scratch built rocket called "Excalibur" was the Guinea Pig.

Scott captured my rocket at liftoff, which also showed the drop stem worked flawlessly. Excalibur had a J190 EFX load in the business end for a hot ride to 2,512 ft.

specs:

66.75" long
3.0" dia.
9 fins
Scott Glass Nosecone
dual deploy (RRC2)
Gloss black.
currently out of service :(

Do you have a Favorite pic to share? It should a be pic of one of your own, but I'll look at any good pic of a rocket...

Johnnie

This isn't my rocket. I haven't had a chance to fly any of my bigger rockets yet. However, I did take the picture. The rocket is owned by Paul Nastahowski of CTRA-NARCONN. It is a Loc Bruiser EXP flying on an AMW K950ST. This was the first rocket picture I took with my Dad's digital camera. It was also the first motor bigger than an F that I had ever seen. I was definitely hooked after that.

Somebody likes Percula Clown fish. :) Cool paint job.

He actually bought it pre-built and painted. He doesn't like the current paint scheme. He is going to repaint it. I think it's pretty cool the way it is.

Wow, look at all those trees in the background. I hope he brought a tree climbing buddy, I also take one with me.

The Excaliber and Brusier were absolutely AWESOME man!!! These are five of my favorites, most are those I have taken at launches...

Enjoy

Carl

Upscale NCR Archer on a I161W - <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/favorites/fav1.jpg">HPR Archer</a>

7.5" Moo Rocket on a K550W - <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/favorites/fav2.jpg">Moo</a>

My PML Amraam4 on a J415W - <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/favorites/fav4.jpg">Amraam 4</a>

Friend's Pyramid on a J350W - <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/favorites/fav3.jpg">Pyramid</a>

My Scale Amraam on a M1419W - <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/favorites/fav5.jpg">Scale Amraam</a>

The picture is pretty decieving. Those trees are about 400 yards away from the pads. It's a pretty nice launch site. A couple square miles of rolling hills of NY farmland. This rocket landed about a hundred feet from the pads. We do have a really long pole with a hook just in case. If you are ever in the Cobleskill area you should check this club out.

www.ctra-narconn.org

Nick (Rocketman248)

Most of my favourite HPR pics come from the days of Rocketflite Silver Streak motors. Unfortunately, most of those snapshots are not handily available to me.

One of them was my AAA Pennsylvania Crude painted bright orange on a Silver Streak F50 flown at a CTRA launch in Morris, CT. I remember this picture well because right after I snapped it, I kept my eye on the rocket till well after the chute came out, and someone yelled "fire at the pad!" Being the responsible club member I was, I ran down to help put out the grass fire, thus taking my eyes off the rocket. I never did see it land, and I only had the faintest idea of where it was drifting towards. After we got the fire put out, I started walking downwind figuring i might spot the fluorescent orange paint scheme. I was stepping over a rockwall into the next pasture when I nearly stepped on my own rocket!

But that doesn't have a whole lot to do with favourite HPR pics...

I fly with CTRA-NARCONN also! Yes, the field is very big, and not many go into those trees...(knock on wood). I can't post a picture right now, but I will later, it's one of Mark Stackpole's Orange Crush flying on a K560W, awesome flight!
I wasn't there for Paul's Bruiser flight, but I was there the day before, and I flew the biggest motor of the day in my Expediter with my AltAcc, an H242T:-D
Hmm, I have to get on the other computer to post the picture, I might have to get off of my lazy butt!

It's been a while, how are you guy's doin??

My absolute FAVORITE rocket picture that I've ever taken was of Les Derkovitz' rocket, on a NASSA N4600 Blue motor. I've attached it. I took it with a Canon EOS 1-D camera (I was taking pictures for the Gates Brothers at the same time :D ) with 8 frames per second. Now one might ask why this is such an accomplishment... let me tell you that a full N motor in a 5" airframe moves rather quickly. Just ask Nadine Kinney :p .It nabbed 26,000 feet at BALLS this year. Those of you who were there might remember it...

There's nothing like an early morning launch of a Full N AN motor on the Salt Flats...

Woody

I guess I can throw in a couple:

First my L2 bird - 82much on a J570

**Super Busta Bump**

Just reviving an real old thread here...

My 3.0 Archer on an H128

My 54mm FWFG rocket with ACME fincan flying on a research 38mm 10-grain KN/SB motor...

What was left of my 38mm 10-grain and 2.6" VBR Javelin after a KN/DX Cato...:(

Last photo of my Javelin still intact (see KN/DX photo a few posts back)

Seen flying on an SRS 29mm H78...

Please, feel free to join in...we want to see your favorite HPR rocket pics too :D

Johnnie

My NAR Level 1 flight, an EZI-65 on a pro38 I350SS

0.jpg

Originally posted by DKrause
My NAR Level 1 flight, an EZI-65 on a pro38 I350SS

Now thats what I'm talkin about... :D Looks like a Smokey Sam tree with an EZ-I65 star on top :p

Johnnie

CrayonDragRace0.jpg

my crayon is the red one. The Yellow one is CLS's. The blue is Conner Kuhns and he's not a member of TRF as far as I know.
CrayonDragRace2.jpg

First off the pad was conners
CrayonDragRace3.jpg

Then Cliffs a.k.a. CLS
CrayonDragRace4.jpg

And finally mine was the last one off the pad.
PerformertakeoffI284.jpg

My Performer on an I284.

Here is my minimum diameter HighCarbYen at LDRS 25. Photo was taken by John DeMar. The motor was the AMW N-4000 BB.

Jim

I'll jump in here with my "Fighting Illini" rocket taking flight on an AT M1315.

Photo by Greg Smith of Central Illinois Aerospace.

Kevin T.

And one more picture 1/5 of a second later.

Photo By Greg Smith

Back