something fun

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_taylor

Reaction score
hi guys
im looking for a fun new rocket project something like a Saucer or pyramid or anything a bit diffrent the only requirement is that it has to use a 29mm or smaller motor. i have a 29/240 casing and a 29/40-120 casing to use. since the NZ exchange rate is up around 50c US:D i thought it would be a good time to start on something.

thanx

Art Applewhite makes 29mm saucers (and smaller too). My review of his 29mm saucer is up on EMRR I was amazed that such simple construction would survive a G-flight!

I like the look of doing a dueces wild upscale. Jflis can you send me all the info on the 29mm motor version that you made in this pic.

thanx

matt,

IF...your good at upscaling...

IF...you can make your own custom nose cones...

IF...you can somehow find decals...

IF... I can figure out a way to get the plans to you...

You can make a 29mm version of my Transglobal Interceptor. Maybe a 2" or a 2.6" version.

WOW! THAT would be COOL!

I don't recall ever seeing a 29mm rocket with a parasite glider...Now THAT would be interesting!

sandman

Originally posted by matt_taylor
I like the look of doing a dueces wild upscale. Jflis can you send me all the info on the 29mm motor version that you made in this pic.

thanx

Matt,

the one in that pix is 24mm (the others are 18mm, 13mm and MMX)

But, it would be a simple matter for me to up it again to 29mm.

What are some standard BT sizes that could act as the main body tube in the 2.2" - 3" range (also need wall thickness)

and (understand, i don't work above 24mm normally...) what is the ID and OD of a 29mm motor mount?

thanx
jim

Jim,
here are the specs for PML tubes:
29mm: Inner Dia=1.145",Outer Dia=1.207", Wall Thickness=0.062"all tubes have the same wall thickness
2":Inner Dia=2.152"
2.5":Inner Dia=2.560"
3":Inner Dia=3.002"
I would like to build it to handle two H97Js, the smoke trail would be cool.:D since it has realy big fins mabye it would be better to use G10 for the fins im not sure which is heaver but G10 is stronger and would snap on landing.

thanx

Originally posted by sandman
I don't recall ever seeing a 29mm rocket with a parasite glider...Now THAT would be interesting!

sandman

I have a buddy who built a 38mm upscale Mantis. The glider is a huge styrofoam Stealth fighter. He's had a couple of semi-successful flights already. He just needs to work out the trim on the glider a bit.

How about Ed Miller's monocopter? The only drawback would be long burning D E or F motors........Here's his email address and ask for him to send you his E-catalog

[email protected]

It costs $25 plus postage and uses carbon fibre in it's construction.....I'm working on one now and can't wait to give it a ride!

Back