Quasar kit completed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Helbig

Reaction score
I dont get a chance to get to this site. But I just finished my RDS kit "Quasar" and here are some photos.

Here is another pic of the Quasar with the decal. This kit has taken me forever to complete. It has one fiberglass coat with a uv filler. I had several problem sanding the filler down on this kit once I got the coat sanded smooth the filler would crack. I had to coat the rocket with Krylon primer to stop most of the cracking and finished the rest of it off with general applications of a sanding putty. But it didn't turn out to bad.

Nice pics...

I too am working on an RDS Quasar, for the past 2 years in fact, have made good progress in this building season. Funny thing though, my Decal was only 8" long... :D

Has 3" motor mount to fly on the 3" HyperTEK motors (3" full "K" motor on the way I hear) and will feature dual deploy. Little bit of glassing left to do, LOTS of sanding yet to begin.

Great Job...where is the Blonde?...thats ok, I didn't get one with mine either

Johnnie Paul

Dang sweet looking rocket Justin!!! :) If there was a problem with the finish, I sure can't tell from the pics, it looks excellent! What are ya gonna launch it on?... and make sure you post pics.

Carl

Very nice. We will look forward to your full review for EMRR ;)

Regards,
Nick

I had the decals replaced and had new ones made by a company here in Sac. I'm not much into using the orginal decals they come with I have replaced almost all the decals on my kits. They did a really nice job on them. I flew it on a J350-M for its maiden flight at XPRS she suffered a broken fin. After repairing it I flew it again on a J415-L at the Fresno launch. It was a great flight on that but I would have prefered a Medium delay I think to the long delay I used. I would like to build another to have 2 of these kits there are fun to build and look sweet, and fly great!

Justin,
Do you know about how high that bird got on the J415? Also, what size chute did you use for it? I am working on a kit of similar weight and size asspects and plan to fly it on a J415. Just want to know what to expect.

David

I got about 5000 feet, I used a 60 inch parachute. The size of the chute seemed about right for it. I cant wait to try a K550 on it.

Back