Another Rocket...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally done with my new Public Enemy V-2 rocket. Pictures and everything. (EMRR review coming soon) You can find the page here:

https://www.cybergatetech.com/?parent=project&child=rocketry&sub=rocketry/PEV2

Just click on the pictures link. Seems like she can only fly on Hs for normal altitude. I can't wait to see her in action. BTW: She is completely titanum (colored that is) with Testors Buffing Metalizer. All in all a fun project.

Phil,

The link is broken, so I can't tell you what a wonderful job you have done.

Carl

LOL... works on my PC... :D

Hey, try to refresh... Anyone else having problems?

Actually, Carl, you will be proud this time when you see the pick of the outside fillets and aft end of the rocket. When you are crying for joy, try not to hide it. Let it all out... :D

Phil - *nice* job. Looks really cool.

Oh, BTW - have I told you lately that ... you suck.

Man, it must be nice to be off work and just sit around the house all day watching slop operas and building rockets.

Well, I'm not a big fan of high power...OW! I think I just bit my tongue!! But I am a big fan of the V-2.

I love what you've done, especially the color!

Will you clear coat it? Or just use Future floor polish. (Metalic paints can be a pain).

What is the diameter...4"? It looks bigger.

Tell me more!

sandman

Thanks guys... blushing...

Actually, Future floor polish has already been applied.

Yep 4" it is... The kit is a new offering from Public Enemy. I gotta give it a 4 of 5. The only thing I didn't like is that it came with a shock cord made of bungee cord. It will work great but kinda problematic to form loops for the chute, nosecone, etc. So I ended up using those screw brackets that are used with steel cable.

Phil...

Fantastic job bro...that bird is beautiful....you just need a couple of V stripes :)

Well done and great pics...I was really inpressed with your filling of the lower CR area...it came out sweet!

Just one suggestion...this is obviously an HPR bird...so...

...loose the elastic strap. It WILL break on you, I can guarantee it! My Thoy Phoenix had a 1" wide heavy duty elastic strap and it broke on the second launch with an H123W...use something else. :) Heck, I can send you some Nylon strap if you need it.

Carl

Purdy Rocket Bro!

Good job, Phil! I love the titanium color. Will we be seeing it fly soon?
- Teresa

Very nice looking rocket, dude! I have wanted a PE V2 since I got into high power. My L1 cert rocket was a PE 3" Ultra Fatboy. I too had fits with the bungee and ended up putting a toggle bolt into the end of the nose cone, with a large washer. This gave me something more to attach to. Kinda kludgy, but I didn't know any better at the time. The bungee has held up fine. The rocket survived my L1 flight on an H242, and even one flight sans parachute. Its really a tough kit! I wonder if he still uses the same components? I wonder, since my 3 inch tube was rally hard.
Anyway, good job!

Her maiden voyage should be at this months Whitakers launch.

The shock cord isn't elastic, it is honestly a bungee cord. You know, like one would use bungeeing... I do have plenty of extra strapping that I can substitute for it... I hate not to use it though... :D

What the heck are V stripes? Seriously... And do I need 2 of them? Har-har. Get it? V-2. As in 2 V stripes... :D Anyway, what do you mean by V stripes?

Oh, and I have come to never trust the standard shock cord mount on a plastic nose cone. All of mine except the smallest rockets get epoxy in the aft, and a hole drilled for an eye hook. It holds the nose cone perfectly secure...

BTW, on this V2 I had to add about 10oz of fishing weights to the nosecone just to make it stable... Again, Carl, you would be proud. It is as heavy as your harpoon NC. :D

Wow! 10oz of noseweight...that's less than I expected. Good job though, as usual...oh...yea...and stop drooling. Dick, you ought to know better than to show Phil a pic like that ! :)

As far as your weight goes, How much does the rocket weigh??? Just curious...oh yea, and you have a way to go to match the Poon...the nosecone alone weighs 2 1/2 lbs...and the rocket is up to 7.25 lbs, WITHOUT motor!!!

Carl

My PE Ultra Fatboy is the heaviest rocket I have, per unit volume. It's ~33" long x 3" wide and weighs ~ 2 3/4 lbs. It is basically like a PE V2, but has small triangular fins sit just above the boat tail. Without a chute, the body of the rocket acts like a streamer for the nose cone which likes to bury itself. ;)

PS Please go look at my new post in the off-topic forum. Time's-a-wastin' (sorry for polluting this thread)

Back