I ordered my Mega-Nuk today.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
I know what you are going to say but shut up. :)

I sent in the money for a level 3 kit! I have my TAPs all lined up and the plan is to take the kit, Rocksim it, and then do all the paperwork for my level 3 attempt later in the year.

In case noone knows what the Mega-Nuk is, well, here ya go: https://members.aol.com/SMOKINRKTS/MEGANUK.html

Diameter 7.5"
Length 10 feet
Dry Weight 25-35 pounds
Recomended motors
54mm K550 | K1100 | K700
75mm K560 | L860 | L1120 | M1315
98mm L952 |L1500 | M1419 | M2400 | M1939 | M2500

Yeah, I know I'm only level 1 right now, but I'm just soooooo hooooooked. I can't stand it... :)

I started my level-2 rocket before I had my level-1, so I feel your pain :D

My effort was not as sophisticated as yours, tho.

I can't believe that I started this young pup down the road to HPR a mere 6 months or so ago, and he has flown by me on the way to higher certifications without so much as a KMA or a by-your-leave.

The nerve of some people.

Now, Phil, in closing, you KNOW that you would be disapponted if I didn't say it.....

You MEGA-SUK !!!

I am sooooo mega-jealous. That kit looks really really cool. Let me know as soon as it is delivered. You'll have to bring it over to Mark's so we can have a drool session over it.

Phil,

That is some rocket! Can't wait to see it fly. Can that be launched in our regular places or do you need special clearance?

It is a Level 3 rocket - M motors and such. It requires an FAA waiver, a VERY LARGE launch area, and you have to be like three or four hundred feet minimum distance from it at launch.

When an M powered rocket lifts off, you can not only see and hear it, you can *feel* it. An M motor has like 400-500 pounds of thrust.

But I have an idea for you - the next time we go to Whitakers, why don't you go and be our "official" videographer and photographer. I spent almost all my time at Whitakers this last time shooting video. We NEED a "shutterbug" there.

Then I could fly a lot more !!!! (OK, I admit it.... I have a vested interest in this.)

LOL... Yeah Shutterbug. Why don't you come with us? My level 3 attempt should be in the fall. As a matter of fact, we are going to Whitakers for a 2 day in April where a guy is gonna launch a "Q" motor. Why dont ya come with us then too?

Originally posted by PGerringer
As a matter of fact, we are going to Whitakers for a 2 day in April where a guy is gonna launch a "Q" motor. Why dont ya come with us then too?
Actually, that launch is going to occur the week that we go to Ohio. :( The "Q" motor is experimental so it couldn't be launched at a 2 day sport launch. It is going to be launched during the Spring WELD launch held April 12-14. That is if he finishes it in time. ;)

No, no, NO... NO!!!!! Crap!!!!!! Are you sure? Damn, damn, damn! I so wanted to be there for that one. Well, at least in April you can see a few Js possibly some Ls. So, the offer still remains. Shutterbug, come with us... :)

Back