View Full Version : Saturn V Launch - BT-80 Scratch Build
22nd June 2009, 05:11 PM
I finally got to launch my scratch built Saturn V. It is based on a BT-80 main tube. It was a beautiful straight flight on a 24mm D12! I had one big Uh Oh moment though when only one chute properly deployed. It was supposed to recover in two pieces with separate chutes. The nose was on a harness and it's chute become entangled with the booster's chute. But one chute brought it all home safely, no damage at all. Whew! It was a fun project! I had originally done a build thread on the old TRF, now that I have a launch to go with it, I'll try post the build again in the near future.
22nd June 2009, 10:04 PM
I remember your thread at TRF1.0 it was very interesting.
23rd June 2009, 12:42 AM
GREAT looking flight! CONGRATS!!!
Please revive your build thread on this one with any insights or stuff you've learned along the way, or might do differently...
And please keep posting those pics!!! GREAT JOB!!
OL JR :)
23rd June 2009, 10:18 PM
Thank you guys for the positive comments.
I just learned there is a TRF archive that has my build thread in it. So, try this:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.