Buyer Beware: Bonvoyage2008 / Madison Models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Reaction score
Ebay seller "Bonvoyage2008", also operating an eBay store called "Madison Models" is actually Doug Parks, of Rebar Rocketry.

Doug ripped off a lot of rocketeers as "Rebar_Rocketry" and then made a reappearance to do the same as "Suziekrp".

Now he's back again as "Bonvoyage2008" and "Madison Models".

I have alerted both eBay and Paypal that this crook is back but neither has taken any action (as usual).

I posted a warning on YORF as well but want everyone to know to stay away from this guy.

I've known about this since just before TRF went down but was waiting to post anything because Doug had promised to return a large number of kits (that he never paid for) to one of our favorite manufacturers. He hasn't carried through on that promise despite several contacts from the manufacturer.

As has been the case the last two go-rounds, Doug's feedback starts out good then goes bad. Negative feedback was just posted for him as Bonvoyage2008. You can read that feedback here.

You can read Doug's feedback as Rebar_Rocketry here.

You can read Doug's feedback as Suziekrp here.

Stay away from this guy.

Angelo,

When I first became aware that Doug was back selling again I contacted several manufacturers whose kits he was selling. I knew from the previous go-rounds that he still had a lot of stock he'd never paid for, as well as a number of rockets he had sold (via both eBay and his Rebar website) that he had never delivered to buyers.

One of the manufacturers I contacted emailed Bonvoyage2008 and Doug responded, admitted it was him, and promised to return that manufacturer's products still in his posession (the manufacturer even offered to pay the shipping). It has been over two months since that contact and the kits have not been returned (not to mention the fact that Doug received them 3 years ago).

I don't see where Doug has sold any Sunward products (at least since November). Did he have any unpaid for inventory from you too?

....Doug responded, admitted it was him, ...
Okay, thanks for the info.

....I don't see where Doug has sold any Sunward products (at least since November). Did he have any unpaid for inventory from you too?
Since taking over Sunward, I never did sell him anything. Almost, though.

More bad feedback for Doug today.

Read it here.

This is the third go-round for this habitual criminal on eBay.

I have notified both eBay and PayPal of his identity and past fraudulent activity but they have done nothing.

Stay away from this guy.

Hahahaha!! I comb ebay alot and when "bonvoyage2008" started up, it was somebody's "wife" liquidating hubbys stash of rockets to pay the bills through these tough times... guess that makes the guy a liar too... funny... not really... but still funny...

I like harsas!! I haven't seen him on here since TRF went down, but I still buy stuff from him if theres stuff up on ebay. He is very good with everything(peeks out door looking for package)

Hahahaha!! I comb ebay alot and when "bonvoyage2008" started up, it was somebody's "wife" liquidating hubbys stash of rockets to pay the bills through these tough times... guess that makes the guy a liar too... funny... not really... but still funny...

I like harsas!! I haven't seen him on here since TRF went down, but I still buy stuff from him if theres stuff up on ebay. He is very good with everything(peeks out door looking for package)

I am still here, lurking as always. I am at a loss as to your secret identity though. But to keep on topic, I am glad that Gus stil keeps an eye out for this guy. He almost got me when the (cough) hurricane came through, so I am very wary.

BTW, I have some more kits coming, but I am kind of waiting to see if Ye Olde Auction gets kicking. I will place some there to see if it works out, but getting an auction site going takes a lot of time.

I....... He almost got me when the (cough) hurricane came through, so I am very wary.

..................I will place some there to see if it works out, but getting an auction site going takes a lot of time.

Isn't that when all this really started? Just after the hurricane?

Yes however the problem was at the time he lived 200 miles north of the hurricane.

That was the first of many lies to come.

Actually, it started before that when he claimed to have had a load of rocketry stuff blow out of his truck on the highway while he was supposedly on his way to a launch.

Then he claimed that the hurricane damaged a bunch of stuff, but it turns out the city he lived in was actually used to take care of refugees from the storm.

Then he went on the old TRF a number of times with his sob story and promised to take care of anybody who hadn't received stuff they'd paid for. Never happened.

He kept his eBay store open for a long time after that continuing to take money from people but not sending out any goods. Ebay never closed him down, even after Paypal took away his account. People sent money orders but received nothing in return. His initial eBay store, Rebar_Rocketry, was only closed by some very clever rocketeer who created a false eBay account called NoMoreRockets2005 who went in and "bought" all the remaining stock in Doug's store. I wish whoever that was would email or PM me so I thank you personally.

Then Doug reappeared on eBay under the guise of "suziekrp" and started ripping folks off all over again. eBay and PayPal were notified but did nothing.

Shortly before the old TRF crashed, Doug reappeared on TRF, claiming to have gone through some tough times but that rocketry had helped him come out of his depression, blah, blah, blah. Then he reappeared on eBay as Bonvoyage2008. Sounds kind of like NoMoreRockets2005, doesn't it?

Then he failed to follow through on returning the kits he stole from the manufacturer I've written about earlier.

And now Doug's feedback has gone bad again.

Here is a note I received from his latest victim:

"I was so upset when I received the postage scale. I don't think it was even a real scale, it was in pieces, wouldn't turn on. He charged an incredible amount for shipping, but Ebay returned my money, less postage of sending it back. What a horrible person he must be and it's not good Ebay doesn't stop those kinds of fraudulent people. "

Actually, it started before that when he claimed to have had a load of rocketry stuff blow out of his truck on the highway while he was supposedly on his way to a launch.

Then he claimed that the hurricane damaged a bunch of stuff, but it turns out the city he lived in was actually used to take care of refugees from the storm.

Then he went on the old TRF a number of times with his sob story and promised to take care of anybody who hadn't received stuff they'd paid for. Never happened.

He kept his eBay store open for a long time after that continuing to take money from people but not sending out any goods. Ebay never closed him down, even after Paypal took away his account. People sent money orders but received nothing in return. His initial eBay store, Rebar_Rocketry, was only closed by some very clever rocketeer who created a false eBay account called NoMoreRockets2005 who went in and "bought" all the remaining stock in Doug's store. I wish whoever that was would email or PM me so I thank you personally.

Then Doug reappeared on eBay under the guise of "suziekrp" and started ripping folks off all over again. eBay and PayPal were notified but did nothing.

Shortly before the old TRF crashed, Doug reappeared on TRF, claiming to have gone through some tough times but that rocketry had helped him come out of his depression, blah, blah, blah. Then he reappeared on eBay as Bonvoyage2008. Sounds kind of like NoMoreRockets2005, doesn't it?

Then he failed to follow through on returning the kits he stole from the manufacturer I've written about earlier.

And now Doug's feedback has gone bad again.

Here is a note I received from his latest victim:

"I was so upset when I received the postage scale. I don't think it was even a real scale, it was in pieces, wouldn't turn on. He charged an incredible amount for shipping, but Ebay returned my money, less postage of sending it back. What a horrible person he must be and it's not good Ebay doesn't stop those kinds of fraudulent people. "

Other than my disgust, that pretty much sums it up. Nice work Gus :)

I looked at the negative feedback,and i have become concerned that people on this forum are influencing folks to put up unwarrwanted feedback, considering that people tend to jump the gun after about a week, but this feedback seems to be sorta delayed. Example:

The auction for the scale ended on January 18th, but the negative feedback did not occur until March 2nd. Considering that most people seem to jump the gun WAAAAY earlier than that, it seems somewhat suspicious that somebody on this forum just happened across this auction with no prior reason to be privy, unless there may be a personal vendetta.

As far as the scale from that auction being in pieces, how could the buyer even TRY to turn it on if it was in pieces? That doesn't make sense, at least in my book.

Since I have no personal gripe with Doug (and i bought a lot of stuff from him) he divulged a lot of information to me about his problems, including folks that griped about paying money and not getting their merchandise. he claimed to have eventually had the resources to refund the outstanding indebtedness, however those who were quick to complain about NOT receiving their stuff never, ever decided to post about getting their money back. Even in this thread, you may notice that nobody has come forward to say "That bastard screwed me out of money, I hope he dies!!"

I have no connection to Rebar Rocketry, outside of being a happy, unscrewed customer, even going so far as to pre-buying the Dr Zooch kits he sold (got all of them, by the way) I just hate to see public crucifixion by people who may have a personal agenda for no reason.

Alan Tuskes

happy Rebar customer

I looked at the negative feedback,and i have become concerned that people on this forum are influencing folks to put up unwarrwanted feedback, considering that people tend to jump the gun after about a week, but this feedback seems to be sorta delayed. Example:

The auction for the scale ended on January 18th, but the negative feedback did not occur until March 2nd. Considering that most people seem to jump the gun WAAAAY earlier than that, it seems somewhat suspicious that somebody on this forum just happened across this auction with no prior reason to be privy, unless there may be a personal vendetta.

As far as SieeraCharlie Complaint is concerned, the auction closed on 01/16/09 and he bitched because he didn't get it until 01/29/09?!?!?! Was it damaged? Was it missing stuff? Forgive me if I sound stupid, but according to USPS code, a seller has 30 days to either deliver, or else offer an excuse or a refund. if you check out the Olderocketforum.com thread on this, the negative feedback may be inspired by the same person with a personal vendetta as this one....

As far as the scale from that auction being in pieces, how could the buyer even TRY to turn it on if it was in pieces? That doesn't make sense, at least in my book.

Since I have no personal gripe with Doug (and i bought a lot of stuff from him) he divulged a lot of information to me about his problems, including folks that griped about paying money and not getting their merchandise. he claimed to have eventually had the resources to refund the outstanding indebtedness, however those who were quick to complain about NOT receiving their stuff never, ever decided to post about getting their money back. Even in this thread, you may notice that nobody has come forward to say "That bastard screwed me out of money, I hope he dies!!"

I have no connection to Rebar Rocketry, outside of being a happy, unscrewed customer, even going so far as to pre-buying the Dr Zooch kits he sold (got all of them, by the way) I just hate to see public crucifixion by people who may have a personal agenda for no reason.

Alan Tuskes

Happy Rebar customer

By all means, if you never received a refund from Rebar Rocketry, please let us know. Otherwise, quit bitching.

Last edited:
Al,

There are few people on this forum who's creative skills I respect more than yours. But please don't encourage people to buy from Doug or suggest that he's being treated unfairly.

Doug has almost $1000 worth of kits he never paid for. He tried to sell them on eBay but got caught. The rightful owner of those kits offered to pay to have them sent back to him and Doug agreed. But he never followed through. Nobody is treating Doug unfairly by suggesting that this is unacceptable behavior.

Although I, too, was an early supporter of Rebar and pre-ordered Zooch kits, Doug repaid my kindness by later taking my money for other purchases and never sending the merchandise. He chose to never avail himself of the numerous opportunities I gave him to make things right. I then watched him do the same thing to dozens of other people.

Then Doug changed his identity, claimed to be a wife selling her husbands old kits, and defrauded people again.

And now he's into a third go-round, with a third identity, of the same behavior.

The person who left the negative feedback about the scale is not a rocketeer and was not influenced by these threads. She spent almost a month trying to get Doug to resolve the problem without success before posting negative feedback. I contacted her through eBay to let her know that the person who cheated her has a long history of doing this in the hopes it might help her case with eBay.

As for having a personal agenda with regard to Doug, I absolutely do. I want to see him go away and stay away from rocketeers, because he has cheated people over and over. I think my agenda of trying to prevent people from getting ripped off by Doug is a pretty good one, and not without reason.

Again, Al, nothing personal regarding you, for whom I have great respect. But I just wish Doug would go away and stay away.

Gus,

Thank you for your candor. In all the time that there has been an issue with doug, nobody has ever said clearly "I have been screwed". I am always the first to give the benefit of the doubt, not wanting to believe that one of our own has gone over to the dark side.

On the other hand, I understand that when a previously upstanding member of the community falls on hard times, it's extremely embarrassing to admit that times have gotten hard. I have, personally, been to the top and hit rock bottom on several occasions. I never wanted to admit it, even though i was never egotistic about being at the top of my game. When life goes to sh*t, it's hard to recover, but i always come out a better person. However, I always learn a lesson, and I always try to come out a better person due to lessons learned (and I'm still learning those lessons at 48) Therefore, I always try to allow the greatest amount of slack as possible.

Gus, I appreciate your honesty in this matter. I would love to sit down with you over a decent beer or two. Thanks agin for your very, very understanding message,

Regards,

Alan

Al,

There are few people on this forum who's creative skills I respect more than yours. But please don't encourage people to buy from Doug or suggest that he's being treated unfairly.

Doug has almost $1000 worth of kits he never paid for. He tried to sell them on eBay but got caught. The rightful owner of those kits offered to pay to have them sent back to him and Doug agreed. But he never followed through. Nobody is treating Doug unfairly by suggesting that this is unacceptable behavior.

Although I, too, was an early supporter of Rebar and pre-ordered Zooch kits, Doug repaid my kindness by later taking my money for other purchases and never sending the merchandise. He chose to never avail himself of the numerous opportunities I gave him to make things right. I then watched him do the same thing to dozens of other people.

Then Doug changed his identity, claimed to be a wife selling her husbands old kits, and defrauded people again.

And now he's into a third go-round, with a third identity, of the same behavior.

The person who left the negative feedback about the scale is not a rocketeer and was not influenced by these threads. She spent almost a month trying to get Doug to resolve the problem without success before posting negative feedback. I contacted her through eBay to let her know that the person who cheated her has a long history of doing this in the hopes it might help her case with eBay.

As for having a personal agenda with regard to Doug, I absolutely do. I want to see him go away and stay away from rocketeers, because he has cheated people over and over. I think my agenda of trying to prevent people from getting ripped off by Doug is a pretty good one, and not without reason.

Again, Al, nothing personal regarding you, for whom I have great respect. But I just wish Doug would go away and stay away.

Kudos brother

More negative feedback for Doug.

Fortunately Doug's store is now empty.

Will he restock?

Will he change identities again?

Stay tuned.

Back