PDA

View Full Version : HyperLOC 835

RobD
3rd October 2010, 12:40 AM
Hi.
I am getting through my HyperLOC 835 build and I have some questions.

I used 18g wire in my ebay. It seems a bit stiff. A little bigger than I had imagined it. The Marsa4 altimeter doesnt seem to have a problem with it, just me I guess. The wire is flexible but not like Noodle wire.

I am running dual deploy and I am trying to figure out how to handle separation.

Ebay is the break point for the drogue - friction fit it? or other? Not sure what to do since it is cardboard.

For the main, I was going to have it break at the nose cone to push everything out. How do I fasten the body tube to the ebay? Nylon screws? Metal? Size?

I guess I can go back and see if the instructions say anything but I sort of abandoned them early. Not much of an instruction booklet. More like an essay on building.

And should I put a bulkhead in the nose cone instead of fastening to the plastic attachment point?

Fin fillet size? I did a 3/8 inch radius but it looks too small. Suggestions?

Gonna try and complete this for October Skies in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Rob

exprditer789
3rd October 2010, 03:07 AM
For attaching the ebay to payload bay i used pop rivets for my hyperloc 835.Have not done dd yet but i will soon.

RobD
3rd October 2010, 07:24 AM
by pop rivets, do you mean the metal ones, or the removable plastic ones?

I went ahead and put some larger fillets on tonight. They still are not huge, but I cant see a J motor stressing them that much.

The instructions did say that those could be friction fit or mechanical. I didn't understand their shock cord fastening methods at all, other than to use quick links. They must have replaced their shock cords with a different style as it was pretty confusing to me.

As nice as this kit went together, I do have to say that I prefer fiberglass.

Ok, so bulkhead and eye bolt in the nose cone?

Rob

mainer
3rd October 2010, 11:43 AM
Hi.
I am getting through my HyperLOC 835 build and I have some questions.

I used 18g wire in my ebay. It seems a bit stiff. A little bigger than I had imagined it. The Marsa4 altimeter doesnt seem to have a problem with it, just me I guess. The wire is flexible but not like Noodle wire.

I am running dual deploy and I am trying to figure out how to handle separation.

Ebay is the break point for the drogue - friction fit it? or other? Not sure what to do since it is cardboard.

For the main, I was going to have it break at the nose cone to push everything out. How do I fasten the body tube to the ebay? Nylon screws? Metal? Size?

I guess I can go back and see if the instructions say anything but I sort of abandoned them early. Not much of an instruction booklet. More like an essay on building.

And should I put a bulkhead in the nose cone instead of fastening to the plastic attachment point?

Fin fillet size? I did a 3/8 inch radius but it looks too small. Suggestions?

Gonna try and complete this for October Skies in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Rob

I used small metal screws for my main payload to e-bay.
For the nose cone, do not use the plastic loop! I used a hole saw and drilled through the side of the nose cone shoulder so I could put a nut on a eye bolt.
friction fit on the e-bay to the drogue payload. Do not use the elastic shock cord that comes with the kit, Use 9/16 tubular nylon, 15-20ft in each section. I used 20ft. PM if you have any questions

exprditer789
3rd October 2010, 06:19 PM
Plastic removable rivets.

RobD
3rd October 2010, 08:19 PM
I found a large plastic nose cone in our launch field once. It had the eye bolt ripped out of the nc. Either they didnt put a nut or perhaps no washer. Maybe I will try that for now and do the bulkhead if it doesnt work out or starts failing.

Thanks for the tips on the shock cord too.

Rob

mainer
3rd October 2010, 08:55 PM
I found a large plastic nose cone in our launch field once. It had the eye bolt ripped out of the nc. Either they didnt put a nut or perhaps no washer. Maybe I will try that for now and do the bulkhead if it doesnt work out or starts failing.

Thanks for the tips on the shock cord too.

Rob

Yeah, I also used a large washer. Also I attached the nose cone 1/3 the way down the shock cord so the main was at the end of the cord then the nose cone.