Take a look at my prize !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! That really kicks butt! Hmm...I may have to look into those EMRR contests a little more closely. Nice prize!

Originally posted by eugenefl
Congratulations! That really kicks butt! Hmm...I may have to look into those EMRR contests a little more closely. Nice prize!

Yes you should. In fact our latest, Virtual Rocket Contest #3 is kicked off and we already have 3 contestants.

It is a very challenging design contest!

Nick

P.S. - Scott, it is only appropriate to have your daughter holding the prize rocket since she played a key role in you winning it, eh?

My daughter Stephanie is really great. She is 7 years old and in the 2nd grade. She saw some old Estes rockets on the shelf in our basement last summer and wanted to know more about them.

She forced me to dig them out and fly them.
Then she made me clean-up the workshop.
She tricked me into buying and building more rockets. :eek:
She twisted my arm until I held a rocket building sleep-over party for her 3 best friends.

Tonight she plans on building a rocket all by herself. The Estes generic EX2 (from the bulk pack)

Wow - that rocket looks great! I love the paint scheme - much better than PML's version. The paint job on their site had me leaning towards not wanting it. After seeing yours, I want one!!! lol (is that shallow? I only want one after I've seen it can be pretty?)

BTW - that picture of your daughter with the Fat Boy is priceless!

Loopy

Thanks for the nice comments...

I agree, PML's photo with the sky blue paint job is not very appealing.

I like the looks of many of the BSD Rocketry kits, and I was going for a similar look.

Back